New computer build

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokoman90

Baseband Member
Hello guys,
I want to buy new computer, and would like to know what you saying about this one:

GA-P67-DS3-B3 GIGABYTE

i7-2600

KINGSTON 8GIGA 1600MHZ

LG SATA

GV-N570OC-13I

Samsung 1000GB

SSD OCZ AGT3-25SAT3-120G

THERMALTAKE 550 WATT

Thanks!

Not crazy about the motherboard, nothing terribly wrong with it though.
Don't see the point in non-K version CPUs for a few $ more.
Thermaltake made PSU would not be my first choice, maybe my or 8th or 9th.

RAM/ODD/HDD/SSD/GPU all look fine.

This a pre-built, or building it yourself?

My friend built it for me. Can you please suggest what should I put insted the parts you said, approximately in the same value of the part?

thanks

Need to know the prices, can't find that motherboard listed in many places... mainly UK sites.
Or just post your overall budget and I'll go off that.

Also, this a general use build, gaming, video/picture editing/rendering, etc... ?

Well prices are more expensive at my country. About $900 if I compare it to US prices.
About general use build, well I guess gaming, movies.
Thanks!

Change the CPU to a 2500K, they're about $100 less than the 2600, with all of the benefits for gaming and general use.

For a motherboard, since I don't know whats available in your country (or what country it is) I'd suggest one of these if you can find them:
Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 -or- Asus P8P67 Pro
MSI Z68A-GD55 (G3) -or- MSI P67A-G45 (B3)

Power supply, again don't know whats available in your country, but generally best to stick to these brands:
Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, Silverstone, OCZ

Mostly everything is available in my country.

Alright, so about the power supply I will change to one of the brands you have written, and I will check about this motherboards also.

About the CPU- Why to change that? is the 2500K better then the 2600?

Thanks again!

Considering what you are using the computer for, you won't notice a difference between the 2500K and 2600, except the price.
2600K versus 2500K performance chart

The 2600 series is for people who do rendering and encoding, if you scroll to the bottom of the chart where games are, there is <5 FPS difference between them.

Alright, so I am goin to take one of this:

Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 -or- Asus P8P67 Pro
MSI Z68A-GD55 (G3) -or- MSI P67A-G45 (B3)
(They are all available)

CPU: 2500k.

About the power supply, can you please suggest me what model to take, that will be the best fit for this computer?

BTW: I am really used to Windows XP. If I will stay with XP on the new computer, will I see difference in the performance?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom