new computer for ~$1300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic Force

Beta member
I have built computers in the past and its time for a new one, but it's been a while and I am not sure what is out there and what I should be looking at. I have read around and seen the basics, and there are a few things that I think would fit my plans. I would like it for some moderate gaming (Mainly Empire total war and maybe some FPS).

I was thinking of the following

i7
ATI 8750
8Gb of ram
750 GB to 1TB HD

I was wanting to make sure I dont miss anything important that is needed to make it run, and where do people buy stuff, i see newegg listed is that a good place or is that just a convenient reference site.

Thanks Mat

looks good... but needs tweaking.

there are many different kinds of i7's which did you have in mind?
8 gigs of ram is fine.

but i dont see anything abou a ATI 8750..? did you mean 5870? if you did thats perfect, might be even a lil more than you need. a 5850 or 5770 would work, and could save you a little bit of money right there. also, what Mother board did you have in mind?

and what power supply did you have in mind. i recommend at least a 750watt PSU

Also, i dont know where you live, but i live in Californian, so there is sales tax when you buy off Newegg, amazon has all the same parts, usually for a little bit less monney and they have no tax and free shipping. might want to check into that. good luck!

Yes I ment the 5850, as for motherboards i dont much about whats on offer these days, as for the i7 I am not sure what is the best solution the 920 or 930 seem to be around the right price point. Things like PSU etc I have no idea what I would need, and I need to add all the things like keyboard, mouse, monitor and OP system

this is basically what you want already put together.

Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER Gamer Supreme 518SLC Phenom II X4 955(3.2GHz) 8GB DDR3 1.5TB ATI Radeon HD 5850 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

or this is a little more expensive but has an i7

Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER Gamer Supreme 937SLC Intel Core i7 860(2.80GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB ATI Radeon HD 5850 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

they come with a key board and a mouse.

im just saying this is an option for you. but if you really want to build a computer, keep reading and asking questions, learn!

I have considered a new system as I dont have anything worth recycling from my old machine,but dont really know where the good places to look in the US as I am from the UK and haven't quite figured out the market here yet. How much will I save (or get a better system) building my own over buying pre assembled, i want to stay clear of the likes of Dell and HP but don't know where to look for good independent builders.

Newegg.com, tigerdirect.com and amazon.com are the best places to buy technology here in the US.

sometimes, it will cost you the same or even more to build a system than what a company can offer it for. but on the other hand, sometimes you can save money by building it your self. but on the other other hand, if anything is wrong with the computer if you buy it from a company, you send it back they fix it and you are good to go, on the other other other hand, if you build a computer, and a part goes bad, you send that particular part in and get it fixed. so there are pros and cons of building or buying a computer.

if you arnt looking for the satisfaction of building your own computer, in most cases you can justify spending a little bit more money and have a good to go rig right out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom