new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakewcook

Solid State Member
Alright, so I'm in 10th grade, and am in a web design class and another computer programming class. Since my birthday is next week, my parents wanted to get me a laptop for around 1500, give or take 100.

I don't really have the slightest clue about computers and stuff, so what would be the best laptop to get for around 1500 if I like to;
-download music
-listen to music
-play games
-watch movies

Any help would be great.

lancec2c30 said:
if you say you want to play games= NO laptops. unless you want to play solitair.

that is totally false... there are lappy's out there now that will blow the doors off a desktop. but your going to pay out the nose for them... That's why they call them desktop replacements...

even some of the more budget lappy's now will play some of the newer games on med settings...

Well, If you can get a desktop then deffenant go with a desktop, you will be better off. You will be able get get the newest solfware for years to come after you get the desktop. The lappy will for a little while but it will lack. Get a desktop if you can.

yeah no offense but a highschool student probably won't get much use out of the portability feature of a laptop and by the time college comes along it'll be outdated

definately try and get a desktop unless you really think you'd have much more use for a laptop but i doubt it. i'm in college and the only time my laptop comes in handy i when i lay in bed with it on my stomach...which isn't that much better than sitting in front of a screen.

you should be able to get a desktop 2-3 times better than a laptop for the same price

jordo_99 said:
yeah no offense but a highschool student probably won't get much use out of the portability feature of a laptop and by the time college comes along it'll be outdated

definately try and get a desktop unless you really think you'd have much more use for a laptop but i doubt it. i'm in college and the only time my laptop comes in handy i when i lay in bed with it on my stomach...which isn't that much better than sitting in front of a screen.

you should be able to get a desktop 2-3 times better than a laptop for the same price

I agree 100%. Get a desktop. We can help you get a kickass machine for $1500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom