New Comp (Selected Parts Inside), Need Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I couldn't find a 24" LCD in the 2-3ms range. I want as little shadowing as possible so the fastest response time is real important to me. I doubt I'll miss the extra 2" THAT much :). I'm upgrading from a 17" CRT.

Newegg.com - Acer P243WAid Black-Silver 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP Support 400 cd/m2 3000:1 ACM - LCD Monitors

Wicked awesome 24" with 2ms response. Third cheapest of the Acer 24" monitors.

Also, not all reviewers on newegg know what they are talking about. the 7200.11 series is really something to look at. Even if you don't think you'll use the extra space, it's worth it for further down the line, not to mention it's faster and more reliable. Besides, it's got a 5 year warranty. No need to worry about that.

I did a filter without necessarily having an nVidia chipset and a bunch of Intel chipsets came up with more/better reviews. Is there really a noticeable difference between the nVidia and Intel chipsets?
the only difference is nvidia chipsets are the only capable chipsets for sli. if you want sli you have to go nvidia. otherwise the p45 chipset tends to be more widely recommended.

Seeing much lower reviews on this one and probably won't use the extra space, so I think I'll pass.
newegg reviews don't mean anything.

Also, I couldn't find a 24" LCD in the 2-3ms range. I want as little shadowing as possible so the fastest response time is real important to me. I doubt I'll miss the extra 2" THAT much :). I'm upgrading from a 17" CRT.

under 5ms you'll be hard pressed to see in real world application. and that 2" gives you a bump in resolution which is why I would suggest it.

I did a filter without necessarily having an nVidia chipset and a bunch of Intel chipsets came up with more/better reviews. Is there really a noticeable difference between the nVidia and Intel chipsets?

Seeing much lower reviews on this one and probably won't use the extra space, so I think I'll pass.

Newegg reviews are pretty much crap, and bad to go on...

The best way to know if the part is decent is research it manually or ask us :D

hikaricloud said:

Weird, did the filter again myself and a bunch showed up, including the Acer. However I don't think I'm prepared to drop an extra $100 on 2 inches at the moment.

hikaricloud said:
Also, not all reviewers on newegg know what they are talking about. the 7200.11 series is really something to look at. Even if you don't think you'll use the extra space, it's worth it for further down the line, not to mention it's faster and more reliable. Besides, it's got a 5 year warranty. No need to worry about that.

Yeah, yeah, I try not to get too biased about the number and quality of reviews, but I mean going through them and reading them individually you can kind of tell whether it's a true analysis of the product or someone just frustrated or biased. I'll take a look at the 7200.11 again.

Peter.Cort said:
the only difference is nvidia chipsets are the only capable chipsets for sli. if you want sli you have to go nvidia. otherwise the p45 chipset tends to be more widely recommended.

I MAY be going SLI down the road, haven't decided yet. Plus, with the 750i I have picked out right now, it is included in a combo for the GPU I want, which saves me $60. Can't go wrong with that.

Peter.Cort said:
under 5ms you'll be hard pressed to see in real world application. and that 2" gives you a bump in resolution which is why I would suggest it.

As said above I probably won't be dropping an extra $100 on one. You said I'd get a bump in resolution--isn't that just a bump in "recommended resolution"? Couldn't I just increase the resolution on the 22" to the 24-inch-recommended res? Also, what exactly is Grey-to-Grey (GTG)? Read up on it a little but don't quite know all its advantages/disadvantages.

P.S. Thanks a lot for all the feedback so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom