New Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvurban

Beta member
hey there i am just looking for some conformation on this becasue i think it will do me. i have had the same comp for the past 5 years years ( i know its a long time) but i am planing to order a new comp and here are the specs what do you think for playing games like cs:source and desert combat 2

AMD ATHLON 64 X2 3800 dual core
MSI CROSSFIRE 030 MOTHER BOARD
1024 DDR PC3200 RAM
3.5 FLOPPY DISK DRIVE
XDEARMER WITH WINDOW W/350PS
250 GB 7200RPM 8MB HARD DRIVE
LG 16X DVD RW
ATI X1900XT PCI-X 512MB VIDEO CARD
SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY 2 OEM
INTERGRATED 10/100 NETWORK ADAPTOR

MONITER
ACER 1951 19"

Although it's not a requirement I would try and go with 2GB of RAM. It will help with games on high settings and it will help make your computer butter smooth especially when it is paired with a dual core. What brand of hard drive are you getting?

You also might consider a X-Fi sound card for EAX 5.0 support as well as the other features.

So far everything looks good. Are you looking at 1 GB single stick or 2 512MB sticks? dual channel runs better then a single stick but if you get a single 1 GB stick you could add another later on for dual channel 2 GB.

Nice Build but you won't want to use the power supply that comes with that case, I suggest the 510 Watt PC power and cooling or a 520 Watt OCZ Modstream.

ok thanks guys one more question why whould i need a different power source. i am not very tech smart

kvurban said:
ok thanks guys one more question why whould i need a different power source. i am not very tech smart

You are buying very expensive and power hungry Components, 350 Watts will not do at all. The power supply that comes with the case is most liklely generic, Meaning its poor quality, And you don't want a low quality/insufficent power supply running these beatifull parts.

Read Section 4 In the link for more information.
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=77323&pagenumber=1

ok here it is i changed some stuff
AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4200
MSI CROSSFIRE MOTHERBOARD
2 STICKS OF 1024 DDR PC3200 RAM
X DREAMER WITH 500PS
EXHAUST FAN FOR CASE
250 GB 7200RPM 8MB HD
LG 16X DVD RW
ATI X1900 XT 512MB
AUDIGY 2 OEM 10/100 NETWORK ADAPTOR ACER 1951 4MS 19"

ITS GOING TO KICK *** I GET IT FRIDAY

I would get the PCP&C 510 power supply, and an X-fi sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom