New Case - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2006, 06:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default New Case

Hello all,

<Sigh> After recently purchasing a new case its been nothing but a pain the whole time. Nothing seems to align properly inside, getting my gpu in and out is a 1 hour 2 man job having to really force it out, the fittings at the back just dont seem to align atall even though it fully matches the specs. Have to bend the back of the case just to be able to screw the gpu back in.

Now its come to me not even beiong able to easily remove my gpu/ mobo becasue its wedged in there, so I'm saying **** with this piece of cr*p and getting a better 1.

Any particular cases you all recommend? (I'm in the UK) Prefably something attractive looking and easy to fit watercooling kits to (if not pre fitted). Generally something with very good cooling.

Old 04-22-2006, 08:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

If u want mid tower go with the Thermaltake Tsunami, and if u want bigger get the Thermaltake Armor or the Kandalf ( the silver kandalf is half the weigh of the black btw). The kandalf and armor come prefitted for water cooling, not sure about the Tsunami though, tsunami has 3 fans,a nd the kandalf and armor has 4.

Old 04-22-2006, 10:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Thanks jonh3, ordered a silver Armor. Will save watercooling for a while, got a vapochill Xtreme performance CPU cooler instead.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

I have the Gigabyte 3D Aurora case.

WAtercooling ready and all.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lord Techie

the thermaltake Tai Chi comes with watercooling but i've heard some pretty bad things about ThermalTake watercooling although i am a fan of all their other products.
Visit my website -
"Guitar is cool. If you donít think the guitar is cool, then youíre stupid. And I will fight you! " - Brendon Small
I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages
You can contact me for Forum related issues via PM only.

Old 04-22-2006, 12:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

My case: NZXT Lexa:

Good stock air cooling, plenty of space, easy to work with, and best of all, it's great looking.

Take a look and google some reviews if you like it.

Closed Thread