new buy

chara33

Daemon Poster
Hi Guys, I was hoping some of u could help me out in picking a desktop that will still be good in 3 to 4 yrs and I will be able to upgrade it at that point as well. I am looking to spend around $500 on it. I am not a gamer nor do i do any editing on videos. I would like to have a good amount of RAM on it and have slots to add on its own video card if i want to do, maybe use an ssd if it doesnt come with one, like to have minimum 6 usb slots if possible and so on. I would greatly appreciate ur help.

thx

With the budget there isn't much that can be had because it's a pre-built. Something like this is about what you're going to get and you'll need to upgrade it over time.

Acer Desktop Computer ATC-705-UR5A Intel Core i5 4460 (3.2 GHz) 8 GB DDR3 2 TB HDD Windows 10 Home - Newegg.com

That machine comes with a free 120GB SSD right now.

How long do you think that will last as is? What can be upgraded at that time that will ensure it will last a few yrs after that? I appreciate you doing this.

thx

Can the cpu be upgraded? Will it be able to handle the next OS or 2? That is what I am curious about. Right now, I have a rather cheap PC that I bought and it cant handle windows 10 as I keep getting "not responding" issues with it and it is a PITA.

Back
Top Bottom