Not open for further replies.

Aetro

Beta member
Asus P6X58D Premium
INTEL i7 920
galaxy GTS250
6gb Corsair 1600
Windows H.P. 7 X64
1000w power supply (dont remember the name at the moment)

Ive never built a computer before, Ive watched friends do it and physically its not difficult. But once it came to plugging in everything to the motherbord i realized I was in over my head. Well, i got it to start up in safe mode and after a few issues with the graphics card I seem to have the drivers installed. The problem is that it still only starts in low resolution or safe mode. After i got the drivers for the card installed this last time it restarted normally, did some updating and when it restarted it was having the same issue again.

If someone could help step by step that would be awesome, otherwise id be thankful for any help at all. Probably start with the wires to connect to the motherboard to be sure. Where are you supposed to place the little flat heat sensor that came with the case, surely not between the processor and heatsink? Right now its telling me case temps (20-22C)

Thanks for any and all help

Thanks for the link, but thats the hardware part that i understand. It did make me more confident about the power supply connections i made. Unfortunately that means im probably having a driver issue. Im going to try to unplug everything that isnt required and find why the monitor turns off right after the "starting windows" message disapears. Could it be an issue in bios with the sata hard drive? It doesnt seem correct considering ive already installed 7 and drivers and used it.

Thanks

What was the Nvidia Driver Version that you installed? I've seen a lot of users having problems with the newer 190 series driver. Most of the problems are with SLI but I have seen some single card users experience simular problems.

You'll need to download Driver Sweeper.
Guru3D - Driver Sweeper (no installer) download from Guru3D.com
This is a zip file, just unzip the files to a location you'll remember.

And download the Nvidia 186.18 drivers
NVIDIA DRIVERS 186.18 WHQL

Restart to Safe Mode.
Go to Control Panel\ Programs\ and uninstall the Nvidia Display Drivers and the PhysX Driver.
Go to the Driver Sweeper files and double click Driver Sweeper.exe
Select Nvidia - Display and Nvidia - PhysX
Click Clean
When it's done look in your Program Files (x86) Folder and delete any Nvidia Folders you find.
Go to your Windows\System32\ folder and delete these files if present.
nvmctray.dll-nv13568
nvapi64.dll-nv13568
Were almost ready to restart. But we don't want Windows Update to reinstall any drivers so remove the network cable or disable your wireless adapter before restarting into Windows.
Restart Windows
Install the Nvidia 186.18 drivers
Restart, enable your network adapter or plug the cable in.
When Widows loads go to Windows Update. Check for Updates. The Nvidia Driver should appear as an Optional Update. Right click on the Update and Select Hide Update, Exit out of Windows Update :D

Thank you, that sounds promising, i got the 191 driver if i remember correctly (i dont know why i remember random stuff like that and forget important things). Another thing i found in my googling is that the old monitor we hooked up to for the initial run may be incompatible with the refresh rates or resolution settings and it does have an automatic turn off when it doesnt get a signal(in this case an unknown/unreadable signal). So i will try that first and if it fails move on to your idea.
Thanks so much for your help

windows 7 should find it own driver.
do you have it already connected to the internet ?
if not load the ethernet driver while in safe mode.
delete the existing driver and check the add and remove to make sure you didnt load the program for the wrong driver.
shut off and restart. it will give you warning to restart for the driver it found.
then look for program for the card and install the correct program.
at least mine did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom