New to Building Computers, I need Help/Feedback. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not 100% sure about that power supply, and its also quite expensive.

Go for this one, its a pretty good deal right now. $108

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Should run dual 5850s or 275s nicely.

I was told to get a power supply with modular cables and the new link I listed had them. What is the minimum power I would need if i chose to SLi or Xfire now?

I remember Slaymate talking to me about this but a 750watt would run 2 GTX 285's... most people go nuts and get the 1000watt but it's a waste unless you are going TRI SLI... You should be good with a 750 watt... Also don't judge the power supply on whether it is modular or not... PC Power and Cooling make some amazing PSU's that aren't modular (actually none of them are modular)... If you want a 750watt modular go with this: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750HX 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies Also keep in mind that the "wattage" output might not mean squat if the amperage is low... This corsair is a single 12volt rail with good amperage output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom