new to building computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
***i edited some of my setup. can you guys read the first post :D and tell me what you guys think.

After I purchase all of my parts from newegg..it'll be like setting all of my money on fire :eek:

at least newegg has that 6month promotion o_O

To tell the truth, I don't think I will be overclocking much or even at all. I'm not that much of a hardcore computer user. I just want a really good gaming build that will last me for a while

I'm putting the DFI as an alternative for now because I'm scared that the ASUS won't have sufficient room for PCI Slots. My first choice was a MSI Diamond Deluxe but it was removed from newegg.com which made me sad. :(

yup i already put that in my first post as a edit.

eVGA 256-P2-N569-SG Geforce 7900GT

but its out of stock =[ so ill see what happens...i hope its not like the msi diamond board because everyday it was out of stock and then newegg removed the board from their site :(

envy. said:
I would order the DFI board but it doesn't support Athlon 64 X2 :(

processor - AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2000MHz

dfi board - DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR

asus board - ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe (considering this board because it supports Athlon X2)

That sounds just about right...I myself am getting the X2 3800+ just b/c i'm building this comp as a makehift untill conroe comes out. There is realy no reason to build a "badass" computer now...just build a makeshift and STICK TO 7900GT -or- GTX and DFI Lanparty and you CANT go wrong! Happy gaming!!

i also realized that my psu isnt SLI ready so heres a new one that i found.

Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply

Just wondering, is 550watts enough for this updated build?
Also...the mobo needs a 24pin and this psu says 20+4-Pin. What's that about? Hm..also just wondering if this is an overall good psu. Or any other suggestions?
I'll list the parts I'm considering again since it's a bit scattered lol.

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2000MHz

CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic

eVGA 256-P2-N569-SG Geforce 7900GT

Thermaltake Armor Series

Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

Get the ASUS A8N32 - it's just as good if not better then any DFI. "Look on any "major" review or forum site and they will tell you the same thing." (Yes, the PCI slots are crowned) But, don't go SLI, it's a totally waste of money. Not worth it...

Buy a X1900XTX instead or wait until the next round of Videocards comes out at the end of the year...

Consider at least a 600W-850W PSU.

at the end of the year o_O
sorry cant wait that long
im running a intel 3, 650mhz processor, 127mb ram ;\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom