new builder with some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonstrapec

Solid State Member
ok, first. will this mobo

[H] Enthusiast - ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe

let me safely upgrade to these components?

--ZALMAN GT900 Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

--Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3400620AS 400GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

--CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF

--Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8400

--APEVIA CF4SL-URED 80mm Red LED Case Fan

--ZALMAN 9500A 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler

--evga 8800gt X2 SLI

--thermaltake 1000w psu

second. i know i have fans and heatsync in my list, but what setup can/should i use for watercooling 2 gpus and cpu (i would really like to do water cooling)? any towers that work better with watercooling than the one i chose above? (possibly a less expensive solution)

thanks guys!

-jason

I can build the most effective creative computers, but is money an issue for you, although some of my concepts are very effective and cheap!

My computer runs at 9c normal, 16c at 100%

Yes it water but a special way.

If you are good with your hands and are smart enough i will share some of my stuff with you.

as to the OP everything will be fine except for the memory (also note you will need a bios update for the e8400 and try make sure u get a E0 stepping one), i seen alot of problems with trying to run anything above ddr800 in the p5n's. alot of people put in ddr1066/100 and it clocks back to ddr800, this is because the mobo only supports stock ddr677, so i would go with this ram instead and hopefully it stays at ddr800.

Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

i also dont rec. dominators since they are kinda expensive and not really that good timings or voltage. (besides the 3-4-3-9 1gb sets)

thanks for the replies, guys. ok, so i know that i realy want to go with water now, and i've chosen a new tower...

this one: Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE TJ10-BW Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

it's a little less expensive than the zalman, plus its a full tower.

now, i want to be able to cool 2 gpu's and the cpu. can someone please explain what the chipset is, where it is located, and if i need to watercool that as well? i have these parts figured out so far for the dual gpu/cpu system:

-- Swiftech MCP655 12 VDC Pump Liquid Cooling System

-- ZALMAN ZM-GWB8800 Ultra/GTX GPU Water Block X2

-- OCZ OCZTHYDF CPU Waterblock

-- i have thermaltake coolant

i know i need tubing and radiator. i think i need a reservoir? can someone help me out with a total parts list for a watercooling system please? thanks.

-jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom