New Build works fine

Runfox

In Runtime
After all the questions about what to build, how and so forth, thought it would be nice to post about a successful build, thanks to all your inputs.
My build
CPu: Intel I-5 3570K
MB: AsRock Extreme 4 Z77 LGA-1155
SSD: XPH SX900 256 GB
Back up drive: Seagate ST3100 1TB SATA
Graphics card: EVGA GTX670
RAM: GSkill Ares GTCSSD 8 GB (4x2)
Power Supply: Seasonic M12II, 620W Bronze
Case: Rosewill Challenger Mid Tower ATX
DVD Drive: ASUS balck SATA 24X DVD burner.
OP System: WIN 7 64Bit

Followed the links to Newegg UTube video for the build which worked great. I went from a Windows Experience of 4.9 in my old dual core comp to 7.9 in my new build. I had to laugh when I was installing MB apps ,as the install screens flashed by so fast like a blink. Boot up is like 13 secs .
All my research paid off as the Windows Experience rated my CPU at 7.8 and my ram at 7.8, but my SSD and Graphics cards at 7.9, so basically its all of equal speed, no weak bottle necks.

I was wanting a quiet build, for the case no unnecessary lights and stuff like my first build. I would have bought an Antec case like my old comps Antec P180, which is all insulated and all fans and drives isolated with cushioned mounts. But they are expensive, so this Rosewill case works fine. I used silicone fan mounts and gaskets to isolate the fans. Over all its very quiet , I can barely hear the fans running.
So that's my build, and thanks again for all your help, Carnage, and PPMguire. And everyone else that makes this site so great!!

Ok windows rating is just general info. Got a question, why does windows 7 , under the "Safely remove and eject hardware media" show my SSD main drive ADAT SX900 drive? Why would windows see my SSD as something to eject??

You should put windows on your SSD so you get a speed boost! am I missing something? whatever drive that windows is on is drive C so that means the SSD doesnt have the OS

PP Mguire, I like you , your funny, you sounds like Sherlock Holmes, on TV series, so matter of fact like everyone should know that..
OK so here are dome pictures.
Heres my new desk with all my parts
IMG_1234.jpg
"]
Heres my setup, wire loom will be next to clean up all cables. As soon as I can get my Razor Nostromos gaming keypad working, By the way, anyone else use one, or have any experience with Razoe products, I'm not real thrilled with their support so far. I customized the desk , made a place to mount my power strip up under the back, and a shell to get my base, the white box , up off the floor.
[IMG]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh144/Runfox/IMG_1240.jpg
Heres the build, its hard to see, but the case sits on a floor stand off the floor for good air flow, it has plenty of room for good air flow too.
IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

I ran all the cables behind the back out, I think its pretty clean, could be a little cleaner but still open for good air flow.
IMG_1244.jpg

Back
Top Bottom