new build won't power up

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanp0286

Baseband Member
Just hooked everything up for my new computer and it will not power on. There is a light on on the PSU switch so I'm assuming the PSU is good.... Everything is hooked up right, switch some jumpers around just to be sure.... here's the specs:

Biostar GeForce6100
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Fortron 400W PSU
80GIG IDE HDD
40GIG IDE HDD
Lite-On DVD Burner

Also... the area on the mobo where you plug in the 24pin power connector into (capacitors and the area around them) is hot to the touch...

Check the 4 pin connector that goes to the motherboard. Also check the PSU and make sure the little tab, is on 115.

I had this same prob around chirstmas, i had to RMA my motherboard which took about 7 days.. Was worth the wait.

jonny_uk said:
are you 100% sure that the little connector is on the right pins on the mobo?

yea, i switched it around a few times just to be 100% sure. i just mailed the mobo back, so should get a new one next week.

why would you have to do that on a brand new board? i've never had to do it before, but this is the first biostar board i've had.

forget that, i wouldn't ever reset cmos on a new mobo, i would wait 3 years b4 doing that lol, but u could have saved on the shipping and handeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom