new build. what should i change

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMan24

Beta member
basically this is my 2nd build. i have an older P4 computer and its time for a change. I need performance since im going to be using this computer mostly for gaming (i want to experience every little detail in games), also going to be using dreamweaver and word, powerpoint, excel..... stuff for school. This is what i have so far and im pretty confident about it. Feel free to add any suggestions.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Gigabyte P35-DS3R
Corsair XMS2 2GB Ram
EVGA 8800GTX 768mb, 575mhz core clock
Corsair 620 PSU
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA
Antec Nine Hundred Case
Samsung 226BW 22"

thats what i have so far. i have dvd drives also that i'll be taking out of my old system. I also want a heat sink but dunno which one. like i said, any suggestions. thanks

go with the crucial ballistix DDR2-800
i believe they are still 79.00 after MIR
as for the heatsink go with the tuniq tower 120
and a better PSU is the PC Power and Cooling 610 silencer

Hey IceMan24
welcometotf2xr9.png

Agreed. Links to support his suggestions:

RAM - 2 x 1 Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800
Power Supply - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610W
Aftermarket HSF - Tuniq 120

ok cool. that psu has enough power for this system right? also you guys enlighten me about the 12V rails. does this psu have 3 12V rails? or do i need that, cause i think i only saw 2 12V rails in the specs. i dunno, lol. thats why im asking, lol.

It doesn't really matter how many +12v rails, but how many amps it has on it's rails. The PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w has more than enough power, for any high end system with 49A on it's single +12v rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom