new build questions

right when the system died, i was playing BC2 and listening to music using the winamp player, the screen froze for maybe 3 seconds mid game play and all audio stopped, then it went to BSOD and at the bottom of the bsod it said PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMP..........

that screen seemed to be stuck so I hard booted the system
when i tried to turn the system back on the mobo wouldnt post, the monitor would go into sleep mode because it couldnt find a video signal/source.

is it likely the problem is the cpu or the mobo in your opinion from what i described

Its a motherboard problem based on your description I say the motherboard has had it.
In the meantime you need to make up your mind if you want to test your old cpu and make sure it works or not.

If I were you I would just leave the lga775 socket hardware alone and move up.

Its a motherboard problem based on your description I say the motherboard has had it.
In the meantime you need to make up your mind if you want to test your old cpu and make sure it works or not.

If I were you I would just leave the lga775 socket hardware alone and move up.

thanks man, I will just end up keeping all the stuff i ordered because it will cost 100 bucks to return it all anyway.

I will find a way to test the old cpu but right now ill just focus on rebuilding the system from LGA775 to LGA1150

I feel bummed if i could have just ordered a used Intel E6550 CPU for 30 bucks and been back playing DayZ already

thanks again guys for all the advice

thanks man, I will just end up keeping all the stuff i ordered because it will cost 100 bucks to return it all anyway.

I will find a way to test the old cpu but right now ill just focus on rebuilding the system from LGA775 to LGA1150

I feel bummed if i could have just ordered a used Intel E6550 CPU for 30 bucks and been back playing DayZ already

thanks again guys for all the advice

No problem, and don't bother about sending about the parts, if you send back working items your liable to pay for restocking fees.
Besides that the new machine will be more better.

Sofware I recommend while gaming.
Eset Nod32 7 39.95 yearly.
Zone Alarm free edition. pm if you need basic setup help.
Open office, good on resources and microsoft documents.
System mechanic 12 basic, should cost less than 20.00 on ebay.
CPU-Z for monitoring system temp and info about your system.
Winrar current version make sure you go to their official site and not some knock off winrar.com crap.
Power iso for opening up iso or making direct burn from iso to cd/dvd. 8 years of use and still better than nero crap.

There are more I can't think of but av will keep you guarded well.

Sofware I recommend while gaming.
Eset Nod32 7 39.95 yearly.
Zone Alarm free edition. pm if you need basic setup help.
Open office, good on resources and microsoft documents.
System mechanic 12 basic, should cost less than 20.00 on ebay.
CPU-Z for monitoring system temp and info about your system.
Winrar current version make sure you go to their official site and not some knock off winrar.com crap.
Power iso for opening up iso or making direct burn from iso to cd/dvd. 8 years of use and still better than nero crap.
I agree with (and use) absolutely all of these except for one - System Mechanic 12. Personally I prefer free stuff like Hardware Monitor. I don't use NOD32 either but I've never looked into it so I can't recommend against it.

I agree with (and use) absolutely all of these except for one - System Mechanic 12.

Oh well everyone has their preference about system mechanic standard.
I will say this that program got me out of a very bad issue in 2010 christmas.
I was glad it could restore the master boot table (in windows) mode for a short time and diagnose a dying hard drive problem. -yay me-
Most I hear people complain about is system mechanics auto defragging, taking up too much resources, too complicated to understand.
Really though its not true isn't just let active care cleanup what you tell it to do.
My current builds run alot more smoothly, the tools is much more better than version 7.
For the price you can easily afford, just check ebay usa.com someome may host up their software for less than 15 bucks.

Good luck though eitherway

i am happy to have a better system and I really appreciate all in the advice and info you all have given me.

as for software I usually torrent everything I need or want, I have (2) 2TB external HDD that are both almost full of software and games etc

thanks again guys, i couldnt have done this without your help, it has made me feel a lot better about everything

Often you can get Nod 32 for as little as $20.00 because it's almost always on sale at Newegg
Torrenting software illegally is a very good way to end up with a trojan in your pc, but whatever....it's your pc so do what ever trips your trigger

Back
Top Bottom