New Build Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

billy2004

Solid State Member
As i touched on in my new build post i have been having trouble with my mother board the asus extreme IV and was wondering if anyone had any input. Ok here goes.
I assembled my new computer on thursday night. after installing windows 7 64bit i proceed to install all my drivers with all the resets my pc was on no longer than 20 minutes at a time i finished intalling drives and went to bed to get a fresh start on it today since i worked friday. I turned my pc on and ran cpuid it was showing that only 4 out of the 8 gbs (2x4gb stick) so the first thing i did was to switch them around. after i did this the pc would turn on but no video would show up on my monitor. i switched them back and it turned on and i had video checked cpuid and it was still only showing 4gb. so i shutdown i then placed them in the other dual channels dimm slots and the pc powers on no video switch them around video but only 4 gb showing. so i decided i would try them both in a single channel i got through bios but shortly after that it hangs. (BTW i tested the ram in another pc and they run fine showing 8gb...)....I have no overclocked or done anything to this pc other than install drivers and ffxiv... any info or advice before i have to pack everything up and send it all back to newegg is greatly appreciated. *** The memory i am using is Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 and is on the QVL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom