New build with low heat output

Yup, get a Ryzen 5 and pray you can find a reasonable 1050ti in stock.

Thanks so much, man. You're the best! I'm adding parts to my shopping cart now ;) Which one of these 1050ti's should I get?

Only a couple of these are in stock but I wouldn't mind waiting for the others to come in stock if I should get those.

Is that amd ryzen 5 1600x processor better than an i5 7600K? I love Intel processors but will go with the amd if that's what you recommend.

Which RAM should I get between these 2, one has 0 reviews the other has a ton.

Does the mobo stay the same with these new parts?

Also I've been thinking about getting a proper router. I am renting the Comcast one right now, and getting an "aftermarket" one should make my speeds faster, right?

What do you think about this one. Or do you have any other recommendations?

Last edited:
Thanks so much, man. You're the best! I'm adding parts to my shopping cart now Which one of these 1050ti's should I get?
Blank link, but I looked last night and eVGA 1050ti was in stock. Unfortunately not the one I need :|
https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce...F8&qid=1499195884&sr=8-1&keywords=evga+1050ti

Is that amd ryzen 5 1600x processor better than an i5 7600K? I love Intel processors but will go with the amd if that's what you recommend.
Oh yea, even the 1500 would be good. I have built 2 Ryzen rigs now, I like them. One with a 970 and one with a 1080. They freakin scream dude. Since you program and other stuff having the more cores will help too. Remember, the 1500 is a 4 core 8 thread chip, and the 1600 is a 6 core 12 thread chip. I would say get the 1500 if you want to save a little cash, if not the 1600 is about the same price as an i5. Don't get the X unless you just want it in the name.

System I built had this board, and my best friend is using it in his server. Good all around board.

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-B350-Mot...d=1499196137&sr=1-1&keywords=msi+b350+pc+mate

Which RAM should I get between these 2, one has 0 reviews the other has a ton.
I am personally using the 32GB kit of the 3000, and just built a machine using the 16GB 3000 yesterday.
https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Veng...76&sr=8-1&keywords=CORSAIR+16GB+Vengeance+LPX

Also I've been thinking about getting a proper router. I am renting the Comcast one right now, and getting an "aftermarket" one should make my speeds faster, right?
This all depends on a lot of things. If you speed test and get the speeds advertised then you're fine. The only reason I'd see getting another router is for better wifi performance.

Sorry for the blank link. I actually meant to put the same link as you just did lol. I was asking because there are 4 different versions of that GPU, so I'm not sure which one to get. I don't mind spending a bit more cash for something that is better, since I apparently run my computers for a long time (my current desktop I'm using is the one you helped me build from 2009).

Which GPU are you trying to get that's out of stock, and why do you want it? You got me curious ;)

I originally intended for this build to be low power/heat output, but with playing games like BDO it seems like I need the extra cpu and gpu power to run them so I think that's just a sacrifice I have to make. How do you think this setup would do on BDO? Would it play it at ultra settings smoothly?

Here is the current list I have so far:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC GAMING

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM

Mobo: MSI Gaming AMD Ryzen B350 DDR4 VR Ready HDMI USB 3 ATX Motherboard (B350 PC MATE)

Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Computer Case

Thanks.

The funny thing is the massive differences in efficiency between the two machines you'll wonder if your new one is even running when gaming. Seriously, the 1600 runs cooler than my damn 7700k stock. No joke. You'll barely be pushing over 200W of consumed power when gaming with a 1050ti.

The card I want is a 1050ti LP from MSI but there's either a mixup on Amazon or they're out of stock locally causing the price to be 185.

Yea I can imagine how much better this new rig will be in every single way lol. I'm super excited.

I hope you get that card, looks nice!

I also just added the Arctic MX-4 thermal compound you recommended, almost forgot.

So does my list look pretty good? Is my PSU fine with this setup or would a modular one with less wattage be better? Or just replace due to old age?

Last edited:
If the kid doesn't get the card he can live a little longer without it. I noticed they have 1060 in the name and on further looking the model is in fact for a 1060 hence the higher price. I sent Amazon an email hoping to fix this because I need a LP card.

Your PSU should be fine.

If the kid doesn't get the card he can live a little longer without it. I noticed they have 1060 in the name and on further looking the model is in fact for a 1060 hence the higher price. I sent Amazon an email hoping to fix this because I need a LP card.

Your PSU should be fine.

Do you need the low profile gpu due to case size or something?

I just ordered all the parts, can't wait to get them :D Thanks so much for helping. Will post a pic when it's built.

What kind of monitors do you like? I was looking at 4k monitors but they are quite expensive.. like $400. I have a 24" 1080p samsung monitor, and doubt I'll replace it because I've spent too much money recently lol. One of the things I bought recently was a 65" 4k tv which is ballin, it replaced a 40" 1080p tv that I've had for 10 years.

Woo just got all the parts delivered today, bout to start building!

I should put the Corsair H60 cpu cooler on the ryzen cpu right, instead of leaving it stock?

edit: nevermind, dumb question lol. Just took the stock cooler out of the box and it's a regular ole heatsink. Gonna put that Corsair H60 on there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom