New Build- LED Lights turn on, but nothing else - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default New Build- LED Lights turn on, but nothing else

This is my first build, gaming computer. After connecting everything up, plugging it in, and hitting the power button, the LED lights turn on, but nothing else. No fans, no CPU, nothing.

Here's what I'm working with:
-WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA HD 7200/32MB/SATA-3G
-Diamond Radeon HD 5850 Video Card
-Corsair XMS3 TW3X4G1333C9AG 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 RAM
-ASUS P7P55 Deluxe Motherboard
-Intel Core i5 750 BX80605I5750 Processor
-Cooler Master HAF 922M ATX Black Mid-Tower Case
-Cooler Master RS650-ACAAE3-US GX Series 650W Power Supply

Can anyone point me in the right direction? It's my first build, and I'm glad to be learning alot about computers but am starting to feel a little in-over-my-head. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Old 08-29-2010, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Default Re: New Build- LED Lights turn on, but nothing else

Did you mount the mobo to the tray using the stand-offs? Did you connect the 8-pin mobo connector? I just assembled a similar computer for a friend and I took a lot of picture, they might help you out a little.

i5 760 - GTX 460 SLI

Old 08-29-2010, 02:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: New Build- LED Lights turn on, but nothing else

Yes, I used 9 standoffs, one for each hole in the mobo. The 8 pin is connected as well. Thanks for the link, I'll take a look at it.

The motherboard was a little bit hard to situate because of the asus q shield (i/o shield) that comes with it doesn't quite sit right at the back of the case, so you had to push to get the motherboard to sit right over the standoffs, which I did as gently as possible... I found many other users had the same problem with this particular shield. I was as careful as possible doing this, and I don't think/hope it created the problem.
Closed Thread