New Build issues..need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellFireRS

Baseband Member
Ok ive recently just built a new computer...got everything in it today, runs great....EXCEPT...it shuts of randomly...out of nowhere it will just turn off. I suspect it might be my HD, since i transfered it over from my old PC....but i dont know...its not overheating i wouldnt think, everything hase a big fan on it including the case that has 3x120mm fans...im at a loss...any ideas?

ok heating might be an issue also may power, what are you specs, and make sure the heatsink is seated properly.

Evga 680i, e6400, 2x 512mb kbyte, 8800gts, It MIGHT be the cpu...the fan it came with was impossible to set on the mobo...i might haveto buy a differ one...oh and the PSU is a OCZ GameXStream 600watt

edit***it seems that it only shut down during gameplay. Medieval 2....i have it running idel on desktop for a while now and its fine..

its on there, but i couldnt get all the sides down...its some cheap plastic pieces that spread open when you turn the knobs..anyone with a e6400 knows the kind of fan/heat sink it comes with..

Ok just shut down on its own again...i was loading up Total war 2...its only shutting down when i load up this game or play it. its driving me nuts

Shutdown

Is that the only game is shuts down in?My Sytem also shuts down in Total War Midevil 2. It goes to black with an spinning hourglass. I have to control-escape out of the game or restart.There's a known issue with it.

Specs.
Itel Badaxe
E6700
7900 GTO

Hope this helps

I havent tried anyother game with it yet...but dont get a blank screen or anything..it just plain shuts off with no warning...the game runs flawless with the 8800gts on extreme and highest settings...im still stumped

*edit* maybe this might help more...i ran 3dmark06 and didnt shut down...so im sure it cant be a hardware issue...

judging by what you said, your pc is overheating. i had this problem when i put in a new graphics card and powersupply, but didnt put in enough fans... you might want to check how the air flows in your pc, check the temperature, and maybe (if you have room) add more fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom