New Build Help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Question New Build Help

Hello all, new to the forums hoping I can find some help here. I'm trying to upgrade my computer (which basically is new since I bought everything to replace the old stuff) anyway, I'm able to get to the POST screen and adjust my bios the problem is when I try to install windows 7 it keeps telling me I need the drivers for my cd/dvd player. I have the installation disk for it but still can't find them.

The installation disk I have for windows is a iso image which is completely legal I got it using my MSDN accoutn, but on previous builds that didn't seem to matter. I also have 6 sata on the motherboard and 1 e-sata port

I'm pretty new to using sata hardware so I'm not sure if I need to have the hardware plugged in to a certain port or if it matters since I'm using only 1 hard drvie. Anyway here is what I'm working with:

-Asus Crosshair V Formula MB
-AMD fx 8160 8 core CPU
-GeForce 660ti 2gb VGA card
-8gb ram samsung 1600
-Asus dvd rw

Thanks for any help you can give me

skatrrklamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: New Build Help

You need to burn that ISO to a DVD or put it on a flash drive then boot from that media.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I have it on disc, and I've tried copying the files to an external hard drive but I couldn't get the files to copy, I kept running into read/write errors. I have an windows xp disk so I'm going to see if I can get it running with that first, get all my drivers and updates then try again. thanks for the help
Old 10-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Build Guru

I said that because you said the installation disc is an ISO, which to me means it isn't burnt.
Do this, you wont need to go through all the XP stuff.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...usbdvd_dwnTool

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I got it working thanks for all the help. The problem I had was my iso image was on my old machine and I accidentally deleted and it was my bosses MSDN account so I'd have to wait till monday to re-do it, my brother had a new copy too so he let me have his until I can re-burn mine. I appreciate the quick responses.