Jbarton2009

Baseband Member
Hey guys, just got all my parts for my new build today, they are as follows:

gigabyte z68x-ud3h mobo.
i5 2500K.
4gb g skill ripjaws 1600 cl8 2x2gb.
600w corsair gamer series PSU.
1 tb seagate barracuda 7200 hdd.
still waiting on my gtx 470 to arrive in the mail but trying to use on board graphics until it gets here.

just finished putting it all together, and tried putting in my windows vista home cd and all it comes up with is "Loading Operating System...", im not 100% confident in my abilities so maybe it could be a small thing that ive missed so any suggestions are great, thanks a lot.

ok, just changed boot order to cd drive first and it loaded the cd and started loading the installation but before it got any where a blue screen with a whole bunch of writing came up and it says.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0xF748E0BF,oxF78DA208,0xF78D9F08)

*** pci.sys - address f748E0BF base at F7487000, datestamp 3b7d855c

if that means anything to anyone??? lol.

thanks again

Is this an OS that you got with a manufactured computer (like from dell) or a full version of the OS?

Yes, that is an OEM version and will only work with one motherboard (the one it came with) so you will not be able to install it on this motherboard. I suggest you either buy Windows 7 or download Ubuntu 64-bit or some other Linux OS to use. Windows 7 OEM (so it will only work on this motherboard) costs about $99

alright sussed a ubuntu install and all is going well, now i have another question regarding my hdd and dvd drive, is there any particular sata ports i should plug them into or does it not really matter?

It really doesn't matter unless they have different controllers, then they'll have different speeds...but not by much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom