New build... good to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
My friend recently asked me to pick out the parts for his new PC and build it for him. His budget is $1000~$1500 with the monitor and it's a full build (needs everything except OS).

He'll be using it for a lot of movie watching, music, and gaming. I came up with this build but feel free to make any revisions before I place the order.

Wish list details

looks good all around, you could always do minor upgrades on them if he wouldnt mind spending a little more but nothing too necessary

I guess I should also note that he wants this to be future proof for a bit. Ideally he still wants it to play on high settings on new games two years from now with minor upgrades here and there along the way. Is that mobo a good choice for that?

^^^ That sounds close to right. Maybe 2.5 years. Hard to say. I bet a GPU switch though at 2 - 2.5 years would give him some more longevity.

Good Build. Although, I would get a Tuniq or TU120 cooler instead to go past 3.0 on the Q6600. When needed I'll do a CPU switch and/or GPU switch to delay buying a new build so expect that.

if he wants...im selling the q6600, brand new with the heatsink and fan for $245 shipped.
pm if interested.
And yes, its the G0 slacr edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom