New Build freezing in CS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj_extreme

Daemon Poster
Hello. As the title states, my new build is freezing up more and more frquently while running Photoshop CS5 Extended, and Audtition CS5.5. These are the only 2 CS5 programs it has problems in. Last night I was watching the Hangover on it (using Quicktime) and it froze, and required a reset. It does it occasionally while surfing the internet as well. All drivers are up to date, and software/security patches are also up to date. It is a dual boot rig, running: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and Ubuntu 11.04 x64.
My rig:
Mobo: Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3
Processor: Intel Core i7-2600k @4.0ghz
Graphics: EVGA GTX 560 ti 1gb
RAM: 8gb (2x4) Corsair DDR3 1600
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 640gb (7200rpm, 64mb cache, SATA 3,6.0gbs)
PSU: Casegears Eco-Element 650w 80+ (I know, it's a cheap one, but it works suprisingly well)
Cooling: 4 120mm case fans, Antec Kuhler socket 1155 liquid CPU cooling
Case: Azza Spartan

i personally think its the PSU. althought i works well, but the overclock on your processor could be sucking up more power. it uses on default, 95W of pwer and overclocked i would assume, use much more power, so i would be thinking about 120W (pushing it) and then your fans use about 4-5W each maybe? so atm u are consuming 140W. Then your graphics card at max load consumes like what, 300W? 440W.... maybe theres some info im missing, but atm im thinking psu

i cant really figure out why its doing that other than the lack of energy being put into the RAM. my friends computer used to freeze up constantly because the powersupply had to give power to the other parts instead of the RAM, decreasing the overall speed of his computer. thats what i'm thinking right now. i could be wrong.

I am planning on changing the power supply, any reccomendations? And When I'm using Photoshop, about 3.75/8gb RAM being used (including what windows is already using) And when I'm using audition about 4.00gb being used.

Before changing something major like the PSU, try reinstalling the video driver to a couple versions older. PS has a lot of video card and video driver problems.

Baez, I tried that. First thing I tried, actually. Didn't help. Lately i'ts been freezing on the internet too. I got home today, and returned the CPU to the stock 3.4ghz, to save power, but it's still giving me the same issue, so it's most likely not the PSU.

Just tried memtest86, it's not the memory. It COULD be my illegitimate copy of CS5 (Got it through school, I didn't do anything illegal) but it freezes in other things to which leads me to believe it's a hardware issue.

School copies are only different editions but they're fully legitimate. I would say the only things left are other drivers or faulty hardware. I had a computer that only froze when it had a wireless card in the PCI slot without the driver. It would work for 20 minutes and then freeze up for 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom