new build :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
i rekon. thats a **** good server. wat u need 1 for?

Well it used to be for data storage you know you hire per 10gb and pay monthly and it is completely confidential and you have your own passkey to access the data I also ran a back up service for external hard drives for people who want data secutiry as well i.e. schoolwork, family photos was the majority of things that people wanted to have data security with. But I have done a complete wipe when I moved it to the new server case and now it is a media server with a intranet (internal network) website it is legal through copyright laws because it is a boarding school and so we are a family group/small community this is a small loophole which allows me to share movies and music as long as it is non-profit. We currently have a collection of 850 movies all dvd rips, about 500gb of music lol I have section managers I have an upload area where you can upload your data which is only confirmed personally by me but any files which have evidence of being from torrents e.g. films that are filmed using a camera in the cinema I do not allow as I want my server to be legal and it takes 15 mins to rip a dvd off with the server and 20mins using my gaming pc so there is no need for bad quality illegal downloads

y go thru all this just for similar performance of ur first system, just upgrade ur current one..... but really good htpc :)

i totaly agree with you, which is why i spent like £5000+ on a new pc lol
(2x) Seagate Cheetah 10K.7 300GB ST3300007LC 10,000RPM SCSI 8MB Cache (Ultra 320-SC2 80 Pin).
Crucial 16GB (4x4GB) DDR2 PC2-5300C5 Dual Channel Kit.
Asus Striker Extreme nForce 680 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition QX6800 "LGA775 Kentsfield" 2.93GHz
LiteOn LH-2B1S-490C 2x BD-R/RE Blu-Ray SATA DVD Writer
BFG GeForce 8800 GTX Extreme WaterCooled 768MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI

its all a learning exp. thats the way i look at it too. if sumthin wrong with wat u get at least u no for next time

I am going to add a 4 fan controller in the 3.5" bay and add two delta 60mm I know they sound like a small plane is flying next to you but come on 59cfm thats one cfm per mm and with the fan controller will these monsters be controlable???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom