New Build, Conroe Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh and meefle that link you gave....this asrock board is supposed to be out and supports conroe? Asrock 775Twins-HDTV R2.0

Would be perfect for q pack...

NO!!!!!!!!!! NO ASROCK.... i have one currently right now..... the WORST BOARD I'VE EVER HAD, i had to RMA two of them and now i have one that actually turns on but i get random restarts and i cant run certain programs or games and i've tried everything. I'd wait till mid to the end of this month and get a 965 or 975 chipset (or when the ATI/Nvidia chipsets are out, i think august/september)

edit: also sucks at OCin, no voltage options

also should i go 1gb ddr2/800 or 2gb ddr2/667... and again the case questions...everything else seems good to go.

Alright... well if u do get the 304 Bad Axe and have questions or problems... the board is all over XS so ppl will be able to help you there if they cant here. Personally i'm waitin for the 965 and some of the other 975X boards to be released at the end of this month (ati is also supposed to have a similar to the 965 chipset too) Hopefully the 975X chipset price will drop a little or else i'll get a 965 with the new ICH8 SB

If your goin to OC, get some DDR2 800 sticks (with 4-4-4-12 timings G.Skill ;)), but if your not goin to OC or are goin to use a divider than 667 should work

yeah i might get the 800..and ive had g skill in the past.. very nice for the price.

Im wondering between 2 cases now... Lian Li PC-65 w/ window or the vento... two very different looks.. but both seem to be high quality.

ok so this is what im gonna get now:
pentium d 805 $150
Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 300GB 16MB SATAII $110
OCZ 520W Power Stream w/ConnectAll & EPS12V $140
G.Skill 2x512 ddr2 800 200$
Antec Super Lanboy $110
Intel D775xbx Bad Axe Rev 304 275$
x1600xt $130

total: just over 1100 Canadian

How does that look?

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2681

NOT A GAMMING MOBO...........underperforms in every area for gaming....Conroe won't pull this board out of the Non-Gaming utility category. Final word: Hghly stable board with very poor overclocking utilities consistent with ALL Intel boards. NOT FOR GAMING. READ!!! So for gamers, this mobo would be a huge waste of money. Wait for DFI or ASUS etc. to build Conroe compatible boards. Intel will probably never build mobo's that will satisfy gamers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom