New Build Around January

Status
Not open for further replies.
^nah man, i meant that i could get better ram. What i meant was 8gb is a bit much imo, but i want more then 4gb. But 6 seems pointless to me. So why not go for the 8 gigs? I was thinking about getting better timmings ram, or more mhz, etc.

About the chinese new years, i was planning on getting the main stuff around xmas (use some xmas money towards it), and then get the speakers, monitor, and gpu around mid jan...as far as i know there is not going to be any cpu/mobo drops by then. Nvidia release is why i am waiting for the gpu until mid jan.. Let me know if i am misinformed though.

@ste...i see. But xfx is a reputable company. It is going to be a hard decision, for some reason i really like the xfx psu...i dont know why. But my choices are now between it, and the seasonic one.

Thanks for the input guys. It is appreciated.

edit: ok, nvm about considering the seasonic psu...for me in canada it would be more expensive.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...68&cm_re=SeaSonic_M12D-_-17-151-068-_-Product

there is a pretty good deal on it from ncix right now at about 139.99, but that is a limited time, chances are it will go back up the its reg price by then. If it is on sale for cheaper when im buying a psu i will consider it though.

well, was looking at 1366, i could go with this mobo

NCIX.com - Buy ASUS P6T SE X58 ATX LGA1366 DDR3 LGA1366 3PCI-E16 PCI-E1 2PCI CrossFire SATA2 Motherboard - P6T SE In Canada.

and an i7 920 for about that same price as going 1156. I would have to switch the ram to a tri kit though. But is it worth it? I mean, what would be the difference? I love the mobo that i chose for the 1156 build to, and it does not have a 1366 version.

So question, what would be the difference if i went with an 1156 I7 over a 1366 I7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom