New Build Around January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
Well, as some of you may know, i am building a new rig around January sometime. I have been a bit out of the loop for the best tech because i have been busy, but im getting back to it now. I was just putting together a build today to plan out my build. Some of these parts may change depending on price drops, new stuff, etc. Also if you know of something better for the same or cheaper then please let me know.

CPU: I7 860
CPU H/f: Zalman cnps9900nt, or corsair hydro series h50 (depending if it ships with an 1156 bracket from ncix or not, they are pretty much the same price, so why not)
mobo: Asus maximus III Formula
GPU:xfx 5870 (was going to be a 5970, but some stuff happened and it is now out of my budget)
PSU: xfx 850w Black Edition (could possibly change to something else)
Ram: G-Skill Ripjaws 2x2gb x2...for a total of 8gb (i do some photo shop, and multitasking, 8gb is not really needed, but 6gb just seems pointless, why not go to 8 right?)
Monitor: (yep monitor upgrade for this build) asus vw266h 25.5' 2ms
Speakers: (again, upgrading them as well for this build) Most likely going with razer mako's (i love the look of them too)

the colour theme is obviously red (mobo, ram, case fans, gpu are all red.), and green. If i get the zalman cooler i can get it with a green led fan. But if not then only the psu will be red. I would rather if the psu was red instead of green, but i love the look of it either way. This build is also more focused on look then some of my others as well.

already have a full tower haf that i will be using again for this build.

I'm going a little more all out then i usually do for this build. Really i just want to know what you guys think of it?

^Well, i want a modular psu, so i would probably go a 850hx if i changed the psu (these psu's are very similar though, so i dont really see the point to switch over to corsair)., like i said i have not decided on it really. The fact that if i mount it on the bottom of my case most of the cool looking part will be covered.

Memory im also not really set on. I might step it up a bit for the memory.

ah, i see youre going for a christmas themed rig huh? :p JK

for the psu, im pretty sure that Ste is more knowledgeable than me in that department, but the reviews of the xfx 850w do look real good and its your money. its just that you cant really go wrong with corsair, which has been tried and true.

for the memory though, 8gigs is already more than most people use, why would you need even more?

for the memory though, 8gigs is already more than most people use, why would you need even more?

what do u mean even more? i am getting 8 gigs.

When is Chinese new years? lol.

@ste... why are you so against the xfx 850w? it is a very good psu, that i can get for 189.99, it is better by what i can tell ( took a very fast look at all of the links you posted) then pretty much all the psu's you listed, and looks much better.

Nothing against it, I just go with more reputable ones.

The seasonic I listed is cheaper, more reputable (For many many years now) and has a longer warranty.

In the end its your money, just trying to get you a better deal.

When is Chinese new years? lol.

@ste... why are you so against the xfx 850w? it is a very good psu, that i can get for 189.99, it is better by what i can tell ( took a very fast look at all of the links you posted) then pretty much all the psu's you listed, and looks much better.

January 14th of next year.

well, in your OP, you already had listed 8gigs of ram.

Ram: G-Skill Ripjaws 2x2gb x2...for a total of 8gb (i do some photo shop, and multitasking, 8gb is not really needed, but 6gb just seems pointless, why not go to 8 right?)

but then you said you were thinking about getting more.

Memory im also not really set on. I might step it up a bit for the memory.

thats the only thing i could think of that you coulda meant by that, just getting more ram. maybe theres a misunderstanding though.

Nothing against it, I just go with more reputable ones.

The seasonic I listed is cheaper, more reputable (For many many years now) and has a longer warranty.

it looks like that xfx 850w though, internally its a seasonic, or part seasonic anyway.

XFX 850W Black Edition Review
Overclock3D.Net :: Review :: XFX Black Edition 850w ATX PSU :: Cables, Connectors & Internal Components
http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews.php?reviewid=839&pageid=5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom