New build

That depends on the make/model honestly. The 290 is a 400 watt card and if the processor was an AMD FX 8*** chip that'd push it overboard but again depends on what it was.

If the old PSU is indeed fried the 290 might have future problems due to unstable voltages near the time the PSU went out.

ok we finally got this built pieced together- had to watch the vid to install the watercooler properly. But it powered up fine. So I went to bed. LOL - it was late. Apparently, as soon as you try to boot into WIn7 form the hard drive the mouse and keyboard fail to work, but they work in Bios. Will check it out myself later today. He looked it up and found others with similar problems with this MSI MOBO when they are putting in a hard drive with older Win7 OS already loaded.

Of coarse, it could be the fact that the win7 OS is OEM and he is trying to put it in a new PC ( well new case, MOBO, CPU, and RAM but same Hard drive, CD, GPU) . I don't know. I told him to buy a new OS ,but he wanted to at least try first.

Last edited:
That is the first thing I asked and he said he tried all the USB ports- both " black and blue ones".

SO, how to get the USB hub drivers into the system when the system wont boot properly? I dont think he tried booting from MOBO disc. We will try that today.

OK - I think there is more issues than that. I am actually trying myself now rather than via hear say. Tried booting myself "normally" after being in bios and saw a blue screen that flashed instantly and then it made the system reboot which brought you back to screen that asked if you wanted to boot normally or in repair mode. Then tried in repair mode and that when the USB's shutdown.

WE are trying to find an old PS2 keyboard/ mouse. LOL I have one at the office.

Oh yea, that's probably because the USB hubs aren't being initialized in repair. If it's flashing during normal boot then 7 isn't liking the new board. Need a new key or call micro**** to see if they will activate it.

Back
Top Bottom