New build

I figured you knew something I did not, so I ordered them. They confirmed that the dual monitors would be for playing a game on one - Turn based, and while the AI or opponent is taking their turn they want to watch video,etc.

Yes- I bet that is very true. Many ask for help, then argue- DUH!! Hopefully, installing the CPU water cooler will be as easy as he says. I am always nervous about putting water and electricity together.

It's a sealed loop. Long as you don't put a ridiculous amount of pressure on the tubes you'll be fine. My H50 from 2009 still runs like a champ.

Install the cooler is as easy as putting backplate on, and tightening 4 screws to said backplate to mount the block. Done. Make sure to wipe off poopy stock paste and replace with something good.

yep- what are you going to do? In their defense. New GPU= $300+ , over powered PSU = $30.

Well, 130, but that money could have been put back if the current PSU was decent enough. If it hasn't blown with a 290 it'll be fine with whatever Nvidia card is used later.

I think the old PSU is fried - Maybe from the 290 or just because it was not a great PSU to begin with and only a 650 watt. Hard to say.

Back
Top Bottom