A New Build

In my opinion I would actually agree with a larger power supply. A bigger power supply allows for expansion if down the road you would like to add another graphics card and it also doesn't have a negative effect on anything.

Also you will need to partition your hard drive for windows. First thing to do is make sure you go into Bios and set the boot priority to CD drive first then restart with the windows install in the tray. Then it will take you through step by step. I believe for windows 7 it is a 20gb partition but I could be wrong. Also I would say Nvidia all the way. i have an experience with Radeon cards overheating and resulting in BSOD.

If I were you I would go with an ATX motherboard that way you can have more than just your 1 pcie slot.

He doesn't need a bigger PSU. You can run a 690 off of a 650w PSU, and with his budget I doubt seriously he will be upgrading to something much larger any time soon. You can't SLI a 650ti anyways, and if you could it would be fine on the 650w considering 1 only needs a 400w PSU to run.

Back
Top Bottom