New Build $2000, Critiques?

Status
Not open for further replies.
why bother with the GX2? just get an HD3870x2, and then later quad crossfire them, when they get the drivers right.

save yourself 1/3 the price with 90% the performance.

heck even two GTS512's in SLI are just as good and cheaper than the GX2.

don't even start me w/ drivers...

what happened to the 2900xt... OH LETS WAIT FOR DRIVERS... didnt happen...

same story for the 7950gx2!!! LETS WAIT FOR DRIVERS...

BAM nothin'

*note that i'm not saying its a bad card*

but i doubt quadfire is going to work well anytime soon...

alright then, just get an HD3870 then, you're right about the driver issue though, they never seem to come out.

I think the 9800GX2 is only good if you didn't feel like flushing $200 down the toilet. otherwise a GTS512 or 3870x2 will get the job done and then some.

9800gx2 is only necessary if you play on big res

i think a single 3870x2 is a good investment.. it is still very cheap, and outdoes an 8800ultra in most situations

but.. an 8800gts 512mb will more than likely fit all your needs.. seeing as crysis is the only game that won't let you play full (but then again you need 2 9800gx2s to do that anyway)

9800gx2 is only necessary if you play on big res

i think a single 3870x2 is a good investment.. it is still very cheap, and outdoes an 8800ultra in most situations

but.. an 8800gts 512mb will more than likely fit all your needs.. seeing as crysis is the only game that won't let you play full (but then again you need 2 9800gx2s to do that anyway)

And the 9600gt's in sli beat the 3870x2 in most cases, making them yet an even better deal.

very true.. and just the thought of using SLi really tickles my fancy.. i dunno what about it

i hate it w/ a passion, but at the same time love it

i more than likely only hate it because the performance gains from going from 1 gtx to 2 gtx... was pretty much not noticeable.. because everything was already running blazing fast fps anyway...

And the 9600gt's in sli beat the 3870x2 in most cases, making them yet an even better deal.

it beat the ultra by a small margin the 3870x2 beats it by a larger margin if u can find me a review comparing 2 9600gt to one 3870x2 then pelase do so because i have a hard time beleiving 2 9600gt will beat one 3870x2.

Edit: i just sereached for reviews ur right in part, its spread otu preat evenly dependign on the game, id warther have oen card then 2 tho, for upgradeabilty options. also maybe he may want to run 2 monitors in the future. alltho i do kinda wish i had an sli board right now. exept i wouldbt be beating any 3d mark forum records with 2 9600gt. it all depends on what he wants to do with his rig, and what games hes going to play, i like the idea of 1 card over 2 anyday, even if it is double the price, and the ability to have duel monitors.

it beat the ultra by a small margin the 3870x2 beats it by a larger margin if u can find me a review comparing 2 9600gt to one 3870x2 then pelase do so because i have a hard time beleiving 2 9600gt will beat one 3870x2.

Edit: i just sereached for reviews ur right in part, its spread otu preat evenly dependign on the game, id warther have oen card then 2 tho, for upgradeabilty options. also maybe he may want to run 2 monitors in the future. alltho i do kinda wish i had an sli board right now. exept i wouldbt be beating any 3d mark forum records with 2 9600gt. it all depends on what he wants to do with his rig, and what games hes going to play, i like the idea of 1 card over 2 anyday, even if it is double the price, and the ability to have duel monitors.

Yeah Im not gonna tell you bs. If they dont beat it, they do come close. Thats the downside of sli, but for people who only run one monitor its not a problem.

http://www.techist.com/forums/1339859-post30.html

also the price is cheap enough on those 9600 gt's that it makes it worth it. hmm... I'm getting that funny feeling in my hand when i want to buy things.... must......hold........back....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom