New Build $2000, Critiques?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bang/buck = Xigmatek :)

load_avg_chart.png

yes the TRUE performs better. But with the heatsink and fan it costs almost twice as much. If that's worth 2c to you then go ahead and pay.

Looks to me like it is a great build. All of the opinons notwithstanding I would go with the Q6600, you'll be happy you did! I use an Arctic Pro 7 and my core never gets above 60 degrees rests at 26. It's a Q6700 @ 3.15 wihtout voltage changes and it doesn't even blink. Do Q6600 run hotter than the Q6700?

wow at the Xigmatek, I think B1gapl was the one who posted that cooler before, it makes other coolers seem large by comparison though

no they don't, if anything the q6600 runs hotter than the q6700 (assuming its a b3 q6600), otherwise at clock to clock speed they'd be exactly the same

wow at the Xigmatek, I think B1gapl was the one who posted that cooler before, it makes other coolers seem large by comparison though

no they don't, if anything the q6600 runs hotter than the q6700 (assuming its a b3 q6600), otherwise at clock to clock speed they'd be exactly the same

Sounds reasonable....BTW, I love your sig. You can play Pong at high res on that monster!

how about a 790i Ultra for a motherboard, pair it with a cheap 2gb DDR3 kit (like $200) and you could get something way better than the 3.4ghz he's expecting on his G0 q6600

I could of sworn you were getting your own new comp soon vernog? didnt everyone send u parts and stuff?

and ya, if you want the "latest and greatest" you might want to consider what vernog just said... but then i dont think the 9800gx2 will fit in your budget..

ya, but the board, PSU, HD, Video Cards and Optical Drives are still left over to be bought, and my parents haven't bought the stuff yet

I'm trying to convince them to buy PeterCort's HD3850 for $110

Hmmmm.... I think I'll look into the Xigmatek. I would be interested in the newest board, but I would like the best graphics possible. Which is better, 9800gx2 or 2-8800GT SLi?

I think if I switch to one hard drive, keep my external for backups, and find a P5E motherboard, I should be able to afford the GX2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom