new build for 18 y.o

That MOBO doesn't look like it has a display port or a HDMI to run 4k or 1440 resolution monitor(s). Or am I missing something. Willing to pay a bit more to get better options ,but still not sure on the higher resolution stuff - what is required for dual monitors, etc.

I expect to buy him a high grade Monitor for Christmas.

Last edited:
Duh -- ya can you tell I have not been doing tech stuff lately or built/changed anything for a while. LOL I knew I was missing something.

Ya - figured a 1070 and a new monitor for his Christmas.

How hard is it to use WIN7 with these parts? I have a extra win7 so if it wont work just using the same hard drive. Or should I just give up and load win10 . He and I don't like Win10.

Last edited:
If anybody using the computer uses "assistive devices," you can still upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 at no cost. It's also worth noting that those devices do not have to be connected as Microsoft has no check to see if you are actually using that device or not. So, before you drop $80 on an upgrade, keep that in mind.

Hmmm... what the heck r "assistive devices". From what i have read , you r much better off doing a clean install of Windows 10 , rather than upgrade from 7 to 10. For the $80 I will do it right and not chance a bad upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom