new build for 18 y.o

Steam has been good about moving your game library for quite a while, Origin and uPlay are great now as well. You just have to go into the settings and point the game install directory to the drive/folder they're installed to on the other drive.

Ok - should I just delete the Origin / Galaxy ( GOG) / Uplay from the other drive completely and start over with those or what. I was able to get steam over to the win10 screen - but still says I have no games installed. So have to do something else. WOW- this SSD is super fast!!

Ok - should I just delete the Origin / Galaxy ( GOG) / Uplay from the other drive completely and start over with those or what. I was able to get steam over to the win10 screen - but still says I have no games installed. So have to do something else. WOW- this SSD is super fast!!

What? You don't need to delete anything.

Install the applications like normal. Go into their settings, and change the game directory to where you have your games installed now. It should then pick them up.

For Steam, you just need to go into Settings -> Downloads -> Library folders -> and then add the additional folder(s) that you want that contain your games.

Uplay has always made me reinstall.

Just transferred The Division to a new HDD a couple of weeks ago, and I had the option of "Identify Game Files" within the individual game screen, and it picked it right up. Prior to that, yeah had to re-download - but looks like they fixed that.

thanks guys. Will attempt all that today.

OK - well started with steam:

Open steam on desktop in win10 ( SSD) /settings/downloads/library folders - but now I don't know what folders to add to my Library - the old PC "C drive" got filled up so the newer games were downloaded to the second drive ( now the third drive on this new PC) , so do I grab both old drives complete steam folders or what?

Last edited:
figured it out- thanks - grabbed the whole steam folder in each of the other drives and it worked.

I like the new Nvidia GPU and the SSD is fast, very fast.

well - have been using win10 for some time now and gave it a fair shot- its a PITA. Difficulties using Thunderbird email as default. As example I was on a website and want to email their customer service so I click on the link in the website to email them So I can ask a question about a product - and win10 grabs it and forces me into Win10 Email which of coarse doesn't know my account/'setting/etc. so I have to set all that up again instead of using Thunderbird and then it fails to work anyhow. It updates without asking, so you come back to you PC and the thing is rebooted waiting for a startup password for no reason . Its SLOWER than my old system when searching the web with the same search engine = chrome or Firefox and there is WAY more adds and other crap I don't want. OK I feel better - had to vent!!

Never mind - fixed it. I tried like 4 times and it did not work- or so I thought. The icon never changed until I got out of the settings menu and then got back in it.

Last edited:
As example I was on a website and want to email their customer service so I click on the link in the website to email them So I can ask a question about a product
This has never worked properly for me regardless of OS. It's why I stopped using an email client unless I have to (like at work).

Its SLOWER than my old system when searching the web with the same search engine = chrome or Firefox
Should be faster, as it is on every system I've setup using Win 10.

WAY more adds and other crap I don't want
If you're talking about the start menu they are app tiles. Just delete them.

Difficulties using Thunderbird email as default. As example I was on a website and want to email their customer service so I click on the link in the website to email them So I can ask a question about a product - and win10 grabs it and forces me into Win10 Email which of coarse doesn't know my account/'setting/etc.

Go to Settings > System > Default Apps > Set defaults by app

It is there you can choose Thunderbird for your mail client as well as your preferred web browser, word processor, media player, ect...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom