new build for 18 y.o

OK - well - either way - my son wont use anything other than the desktop /headphones for audio - the issue is mute. Hopefully with win10, new Mobo, and new GPU - my new PC wont have the issue. If it does then I guess I need a new Receiver. I never liked the SONY I have anyhow.

IS that a yes to that combo ( CPU/RAm/ SSD/MoBO) and the GPU I linked? It puts me at a bit over $1k. So only need a new case and win10 OS.

Hmm... Missed that- tried to respond last night on my phone and could see /scroll ,etc but could not type message on this site. MY Droid turbo is finicky.

Anyhow - now Newegg somehow things I have a new email - "hacked" account? So lost all my saves/wishlists/cart from yesterday. Boo...

Will restart and hopefully get my Newegg account fixed today. Any specific EVGA 1070 better than others- some have coil whine it seems. Is the Xtra plate necessary?

Coil whine tends to happen in a lot of cards; even my 970 can get it sometimes in really heavy processing. However, fan noise will usually cover it up.

Can just go ahead and get the cheapest one; about the only difference between the cheaper and more expensive ones are that the more expensive ones are just pre-factory OC'd.

Any thoughts on cpu cooler? Probably not over clocking much= up to 4.0- 4.25. Have read large coolers are causing issues on new skylake builds. Quiet is important, but cooling is more important. Up to $85.

Two H80 coolers found: H80i - out of stock, H80 V2 = 90+. How about the H60= $70 - some reviews say it does not fit 1151 well - they could just be not orientating it correctly.

Or this: Noctua 14cm U-series Single Tower CPU Cooler, Brown (NH-U14S)

Last edited:
Newegg is now owned by a Chinese company soooo I'm doing most of my business through Amazon.

Antec 900, that's pretty old. It might work in the back.

Back
Top Bottom