New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoosmall

In Runtime
Hello everyone. Just want some advice. I need to replace my work pc with a new powerhouse. I have a separate gaming rig so this will just be for video editing, streaming, excel etc.. I want to get the best deal I can for around 800 total. I have parts I can salvage from my old one so I just need cpu, mobo, mem, graphics card ( nothing big, probably and 8500gt), and psu. I have been searching and can't figure out whether I should go with a new intel 8400 or save some money and buy an AM2 system. What is the best bang for the buck? When I usually build it is for my gaming rig and I just go to the top so choosing is easy, but I have found people on here know the best combo's for the money. Again, I want processing power and upgradeabilty. That is why I have been looking at the mobo's that can handle penryn and ddr3/ddr2. But if some last gen combo is best, let me know. Thank you for any input.

Yeah I would OC a little but I need stability due to the work that will be done. But I could swap out my E6600 in my gaming rig and put whatever new chip I get into that. I just keep hearing that no matter what you should buy a quad core for the money now. What you think?

MSI P35 Platinum Combo LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

what about this mobo for future upgradeability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom