New build

Status
Not open for further replies.

slopy2nds

Baseband Member
Hey guys I'm new here thought i have been reading alot of stuff here. I just put together my new build about 2 days ago. Please tell me what you think.
:D

EVGA nForce 680i SLI 775 A1 - link
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor - link
XFX 8800 GTS Extreme Edition 640mb - link
Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory - link
Western Digital Caviar 160 GB SATA Hard Drive - link
Cooler Master CM 690 - link
ULTRA XVS Modular 600W ATX Power Supply - link

I'm going to upgrad to 4 gb of memory soon, and probably get a better PSU in the future so i can SLI.

He already built the machine.

Everything looks pretty good. But if you download a lot of torrents and other online media. That 160gig will fill up fast. Even more so if you play newest games (6-8 gigs per install)

oh didn't notice..patience is a virtue but yes 160GB will fill up very fast...I have 250GB and I wish I had a nice 500GB drive.

Reading is overrated. The build looks great. If you're only gaming, the HDD is enough. If you torrent, it does fill up fast.

ya, i wish i would have gotten a 8800gt but can't take my gts back now... and ya im only gaming and don't plan on keeping alot of game on here at one time, also got another older pc i use for downloading on bit torrent and music...

and really i only really am gonna use my new pc for about another year untill i ship out to basic.

Looks good, the only thing i could reccomend is another harddrive (larger or smaller doesnt matter much) C: to put OS on, D: to put games on and all that- using the smaller one for the OS of course.

Seems to have a lot better stability then crammin everything on one harddrive anymore- but thats just my experiance and a thread I had on here that most people agreed with.

ya i was planming on that too, pretty soon actually prolly friday get like a 250 gb, but i was wondering if and wat raid i should use, i was about to open another thread but ill put it off if i get some answeres here?

RAID 0 is really your only option. RAID 1 just mirrors your other Hard Drive for extra data protection, and the rest are a combination of RAID 1 and 0, which you would need more then 2 HD's for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom