New build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep thats what a 15inch LCD runs at. I played at that res for a few months with my rig when I had only 1GB of ram and my 7900GS.

I didn't mind the smaller res especially since it destroyed most games.

Yep thats what a 15inch LCD runs at. I played at that res for a few months with my rig when I had only 1GB of ram and my 7900GS.

I didn't mind the smaller res especially since it destroyed most games.
Ya it looks great to me so as long as im happy its fine lol.

Thank you very much you seem a little more knowledge than some of the other posts.

gurusan: I heard that the 8800GTS 320mb performs just as good as a 640mb on lower resolution. I do not have a great monitor i think its a 15 inch Crt made by Dell so i figured the 320mb would be perfect for my build.

This is true for 99% of the games out there...but games like Crysis will have massive amounts of textures to store in memory...however 1024x768 is quite a low resolution, but still...don't be surprised when you have to scale back the graphics significantly to make it run smoothly.

Just take a look at a more demanding current games like GRAW and Rainbow 6: Vegas....even they benefit greatly from more video memory at lower resolutions like 1024x768

If you can afford it, I highly suggest getting the 640mb GTS....and if you can afford it again...I suggest a Core 2 Duo. :) But in that order...the AMD is still a very capable chip in comparison and the video card will make the most difference.

amd cpu will be fine and also a 320mb gts. no need for a 640 since the extra memory would not be ultalized as much as having a bigger res. display. any 8800 series will destroy games on a 15"

I think you guys are forgetting that he wants to play Crysis....how can you so confidently say it will run fine on 320mb at 1024x768?

Well the actual memory amount 320 there is no difference in FPS up until around 1600x1200 with the 640 which still isn't a lot. Since hes at 1024x968 right now I'm willing to bet that there still won't be a difference with 640 until past 1280x968, and if not for SURE there wont be a difference at 1024x968. I mean Crysis will be powerful but THAT powerful.

Well the actual memory amount 320 there is no difference in FPS up until around 1600x1200 with the 640 which still isn't a lot. Since hes at 1024x968 right now I'm willing to bet that there still won't be a difference with 640 until past 1280x968, and if not for SURE there wont be a difference at 1024x968. I mean Crysis will be powerful but THAT powerful.

This is not true....like I said before...there are texture-heavy games that DO show a significant difference between 640 and 320mb even at resolutions as low as 1024x768.

Games like Ghost recon: advanced warfighter and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas are two such games.

So I don't know why you would claim with such confidence that a game that's not even out yet will run fine on only 320mb.

This is not true....like I said before...there are texture-heavy games that DO show a significant difference between 640 and 320mb even at resolutions as low as 1024x768.

Games like Ghost recon: advanced warfighter and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas are two such games.

So I don't know why you would claim with such confidence that a game that's not even out yet will run fine on only 320mb.
I run Rainbow Six at 1024x768 and all max settings on my 7600GT and pentium D, i get a steady 45 fps not real high but playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom