New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm hello....the Corsair 620HX will power SLI 8800GTX's as 620w is enough and it has plenty enough amps for it as well.

You do not need any crazy 750w+ PSU really...Corsair PSU's are arguably one of the best PSU's out there and the rails are very stable and solid on them. It will run your system but you seem very stubborn so look for a 700w then and no more than that...it is all you will ever need.

Ok Ok you two are right and everyone else is wrong. From now on you two are the psu police. Atleast i am open mindind when i am proved wrong. When everyone from nvidia to countless mags, web sites and reviewers all say one thing but hew theres someone with a wattage meter so they know all. When you start using this stuff not just reading about it then come and tell me what i need and whats overkill. With everything thats going into this build not just the stuff i ordered but watercooling and all i WILL NEED 850 WATTS
If you want i can break down the power needed buy every item. Could a 620 work yes it could but that leaves no room for error. The power supply would be running at max all the time and that greatly shortens there life. All of this is proven fact. I have gave you two examples and everything. Forums are a great place to get advice and research differnt items. But you two have very limitted real world experence. You two do give alot of good advice but it is limited and you are unwilling to be tought new things. Trust me i am more then qualifed and built my first rig when you to were in diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom