New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

montdj

In Runtime
Well everthing is ordered and will be here thursday. I will post pics of the build and the componets used. In the mean time here the list of whats coming.

Asus striker mb
qx6700 quad core
evga 8800gtx x2
sound blaster f1 gamer sc
logitech z5300
thermaltake armor case
thermaltake toughpower 850
raptor 150 x2
samsung 225b
corsair xms 2g
zelman 9700 fan

Overkill But still very nice. Make sure you have good Case Air flow.

Heres a list of some programs you may want to google.

Clockgen
CPU Z
SpeedFan or Everest or Motherboard Moniter 5
Orthos
Prime 95
OCCT
SP2004

Do I see XMS2 on that list? My eyes must be playing tricks on me becuase for sure with a build like that I should see some G.Skill HZ's in there. *hint*

Trust me that Corsair memory these days is just overpriced.

You are wasting tons of money on the Striker is the regular 680i is fine.

You are wasting tons of money on a Quad-Core as we haven't even fully reached the extent of Dual-Cores yet...let alone quad.

The Zalman 9700 is NOT the best cooler. There are many better ones

get a Tuniq Tower 120 or a Gemini if you want really good cooling on your CPU.

That case is good but get some very good aftermarket fans to keep temps down from the SLI 8800GTX's.

Ste I KNOW you wanted to say something about that PSU man. I mean comon a Thermaltake PSU? The Toughpower are good but there are way better PSU's for the price than that one.

If Ste won't say it I will. That PSU is about 100w overkill and just not a good choice. Look for a a Seasonic...ilverstone..or PC&C or something.

Ste I KNOW you wanted to say something about that PSU man. I mean comon a Thermaltake PSU? The Toughpower are good but there are way better PSU's for the price than that one.

If Ste won't say it I will. That PSU is about 100w overkill and just not a good choice. Look for a a Seasonic...ilverstone..or PC&C or something.

I get tired of telling people..... :(

I/we should be happy he bought a remotely good one anyways. ;)

Lol yea I know man..at least it wasn't like an Apevia or a Kingwin or something...

It may be overpriced but it's still decent.

I've used and enjoyed the TT power supplies. I don't know what peoples problem are with them. The 700w Tough Power is well priced and has great modular cables with good power.

First off you two I have been building pcs for allmost 20 years now. There is nothing wrong with anything on my parts lists. The 850w is a really good power supply and yes that much wattage is needed. You dont have enough info to be giving advice like that. I would like to know how many pc's you have built and for how long! G-skill ram is over rated its not bad but there is much better out there. and as for price I am a system builder and solution provider so i did not pay anywhere even close to new egg prices and you better do your research on quad cores. Last but not least the zelman 9700 is a great fan google it and read for awhile. So sora and ste when i get my benchmarks lets compare and let the results speak for them selfs.

So sora and ste when i get my benchmarks lets compare and let the results speak for them selfs.

What are you on about..

The only thing I said was its overkill.
The powersupply is fine, still overkill, the only thing sora was pointing out is that there are better choices for the same price which is a fact.

Noone ever said this computer is going to blow or suck, but you posted, and we gave our opinions.

And it is Sora's and My opinion that it is overkill. Of course it going to be great on benchmarks or what not, because its OVERKILL.!

I've used and enjoyed the TT power supplies. I don't know what peoples problem are with them. The 700w Tough Power is well priced and has great modular cables with good power.
Again, theres nothing wrong with his choice in power supply. The tough Power line TT has to offer is the only "good" Line they offer.
We are simply saying that it is overkill and he could have gotten a better brand for the same price or less. Which is a fact as already stated.

Sora will give his opinion on overclocking related things, thats how he rolls, he stays on top of what is and what is not the best memory, he knows what the difference is between good and great air coolers.
Hes only providing you with information that could have made the build a little better.

Not that anything of what we said matters because your already ordered.

Once again, noone is saying its not going to bench high or perform well.
The fact of the matter is everything you ordered is overkill. And thats ok if you have money, or you got most of the parts free or at reduced cost. But if you post on a tech-forum your going to hear opinions whether you like them or not..

All i am saying is that you 2 spend alot of time on here telling people what to buy (that is what this site is for and its great) but how much real world experience do you have. I dont mean to be a @#%hole but it seems if you only want someone to buy what you say and i am just trying to point out theres many ways to skin a cat. And you shouldnt give advice about things you havent built or used. Like 850w is not over kill at all. building 3,4,or 5 systems does not make ANYONE a expert. I can teach a monkey to us a screewdriver.

All i am saying is that you 2 spend alot of time on here telling people what to buy (that is what this site is for and its great) but how much real world experience do you have. I dont mean to be a @#%hole but it seems1. if you only want someone to buy what you say and i am just trying to point out theres many ways to skin a cat. And you shouldnt give advice about things you havent built or used. 2.Like 850w is not over kill at all. building 3,4,or 5 systems does not make ANYONE a expert. I can teach a monkey to us a screewdriver.

I don't think you realize what your saying.

Your saying that people should only reccomend what they have used/had experience with? Right?

That will not happen. We reccomend products from reviewer websites, other peoples experience (On a mass Scale, not just one or two people) and other forums as well. If you don't want our input thats fine, don't post or come back. But if you post people will tell you what they have learned.

1. Actually we don't care what you buy, because its not our money. But if you came to us with a budget, (A high one in this Case) we would have put together a list. A list that would get the MOST performence for your money. We only suggest parts that have performed better than others in tests and reviews.
2. Again, yes it is overkill for that Build. The corsair 620HX (620 Watts) would Power your machine without any trouble for years..

If you want real world experience, then don't come to tech-forums or any forum for that matter. I am going to guess that more then 70% of all members belonging to any forum have only built one or two computers. Of those members they built from parts that were suggested by other members. Those suggestions came/come from reviews, tests, benchmarks and others experience.

Real world experience with computers and anything relating to it would be someone in the IT industry for 20+ years who may not even know what new video cards out. Theres your "real world computer experience."

FYI, noone here has ever said that they were an "Expert."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom