New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZNRockThis

In Runtime
its been a while since i last built a computer. My last build was when AMD 64 4000 was amazing and the 6800GT was kicking *** and taking names. I am asking for a suggestion on an AM2 motherboard/processor combination that doesnt exceed 300 dollars. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Why do you want an AM2 motherboard/processor? LGA775 and Core 2 is the way to go now. An E4300/E6300 processor combined with a Gigabyte DS3/BIOSTAR TForce965PT would match your price tag.

I couldn't have said it better myself....but its possible that he doesn't want to buy new DDR2 ram too. Still for for that price I would get an E4300 and a Biostar 965PT, and later on some cheap DDR2-800 Ram or something.

Phrantic said:
Why do you want an AM2 motherboard/processor? LGA775 and Core 2 is the way to go now. An E4300/E6300 processor combined with a Gigabyte DS3/BIOSTAR TForce965PT would match your price tag.

yep he said it all, if u use that combo u would be set at about 280$ and u can get some seriously good performance, and some hefty overclocks like me! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom