New Budget Computer ($1k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

uthscsa19

Baseband Member
Case:
Coolermaster CAC-T05-UB Centurion 5 Mid Tower Case (Blue) Retail

Mobo:
Asus M2N-E nForce 570 Ultra Sempron/Athlon 64(FX)(X2) SktAM2 DDR2 ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, RAID/Serial ATA Retail

Vid Card:
MSI NX7600GT-VT2D256E HD GeForce 7600 GT PCI Express 256MB DDR3 Video Card w/Dual-DVI, HDTV-Out & VIVO Retail

CPU:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 3800+ Socket AM2 (89W) Retail

PSU:
Antec TruePower 2.0 TP-II 480 480W Power Supply Retail

Ram:
OCZ OCZ2P8002GK 2GB Kit DDR2-800 PC2-6400 Enhanced Latency Platinum XTC Edition Dual Channel Memory Retail

HD's x2 (Raid 0)
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB Serial ATA II 7200RPM Hard Drive w/16MB Buffer

DVD/CD:
Samsung SH-S182D/BEBN 18X Double Layer DVD±RW Drive (Black)

This is my new computer build. I have WinXP, that I'll transfer from my current PC, and will use my monitor, mouse and keyboard. I plan on overclocking the CPU abit, just to get abit of extra performance. This will be for photo editing, 3d rendering, and World of Warcraft. Will this do for WOW and other games? Am I missing anything in my build? Does anyone recommend changing something? This is already $976, and I don't really want to go over .

pretty cool, I like it. Hope it blows your old comp away, it is always way cooler going from a super POS to a high end gaming rig like I did :D aaaaahhhhhhh the memories LOL.

Well my current computer is a 1ghz PIII with a GeForce 2 Ultra with 386mb of Ram. I'm sure it will be a nice upgrade. However, I'm hoping it will be faster than my work computer aswell. At work I used a 3.4ghz P4, with 2gb of Ram and a 6600gt.

it'll be faster than the work computer. all the parts are better and it looks like a good build to me.

i'm not trying to sell you on the idea but could go w/ an E6300 (conroe processor) and a Gigabyte DS3 (mobo) for about $100 more and have a MUCH faster computer (it's like a x2 4400 stock i think but faster than anything AMD has out now when OCed)

conroe
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115005
DS3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813128018

and you could make it right around $1000 if you go w/o one of the HD's. just something to think about.

How overclockable is the DS3 mobo and the e6300. I was originally wanting to get a e6600, but they are grossly overpriced right now, and would blow my budget.

lancec2c30 said:
pretty cool, I like it. Hope it blows your old comp away, it is always way cooler going from a super POS to a high end gaming rig like I did :D aaaaahhhhhhh the memories LOL.

lol wurd.

the 2.6 gb celeron and 512 mb ram, not THAT pos, but it still sucked for anytype of games. but hey i was a beast and surfing the web :)

uthscsa19 said:
How overclockable is the DS3 mobo and the e6300. I was originally wanting to get a e6600, but they are grossly overpriced right now, and would blow my budget.

The conroes r ocing beasts. With aftermarket cooling you should be able to reach 2.8-3.0ghz or more. Which will be faster than the fx-62.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom