New Asus Maximus Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the first i've seen this board, looks pretty badass.
i have a SE and it overclocks my Q6600 to 3.5ghz without breaking a sweat, have yet to stress test it though.

I'll look more into this board in a few hours though, i am kinda curious as to the new changes.

this is the first i've seen this board, looks pretty badass.
i have a SE and it overclocks my Q6600 to 3.5ghz without breaking a sweat, have yet to stress test it though.

I'll look more into this board in a few hours though, i am kinda curious as to the new changes.

Ya I was looking at this new Formula Extreme board, which is a revision of its counter parts. It looks pretty good, better waterblock on the north bridge, but I dont know what that blue think is, looks to be a heatsink for the chipset maybe?

i love black pcb with cooper heat spreader, the more heat spreader there is the nicer the mobo in my opinion, and if your buyign a nice looking mobo make sure you got a window on your case to see it, that was my problem i was gonna get the coolmaster 690 but then i was like no window, and im gonna have such a preaty mobo either the new asus am2+ mobo or the maximus formula. so im putting out extra cash for the antec 900, and my moms giving me 200 bucks plus mario galaxys for xmass.

the soudn card is equivelant to onborde sound, just put on a pci card lol, but my friend does liek his supreme fx more then his audigy 2 but thats not hard to beat, most onboard sound is very good now anyway.

Only diff between this board and the normal version are that the extreme can support 1800hmz FBS and has 3 PCI-e 2.0 slots for triple crossfire mode. however catalyst driver have yet to make use of the 3rd card and in bench marks actually slows down the computer.

heres some bench's, its on page 4. TrustedReviews - Asus Maximus Extreme

Only diff between this board and the normal version are that the extreme can support 1800hmz FBS and has 3 PCI-e 2.0 slots for triple crossfire mode. however catalyst driver have yet to make use of the 3rd card and in bench marks actually slows down the computer.

heres some bench's, its on page 4. TrustedReviews - Asus Maximus Extreme

By reading that it looks like it could be a very stable and overclockable board, and the black motherboard makes it even better, looks like something to look into though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom