Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G
2GB G.Skill (4x512MB) DDR2800 Dual Channel
XFX GeForce 7950GT 512MB PCI-E
Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM Sata 3.0Gps
500Watt Apeiva w/ 36amps on 12v rail

And I got this CPU cooler:
Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS7700-CU 120mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan - Retail

critique?

I'm using a micro ATX case so thats why I choose the micro ATX mobo and can't go with a tuniq tower or whatever.

Everything looks really good to me, but the only thing is if you could fit it into your budget an 8800gt instead of the 7950gt then that would make that pc a beast. ;)

Not only does your power supply seem "not that great", but Apeiva is on the 'avoid list'. I'd pick something else.

As someone already mentioned, try to squeeze in an 8800GT.

I'd get a 2x 1GB kit instead of 4x 512MB.

Also, didn't the Phenoms get released? Maybe one of those would be a better choice, but I honestly don't know anything about them.

Yeah Phenoms are released, but they are $260 I think. If you could fit that into your budget go for it, otherwise the 5000 BE should do you fine. Also it would be smarter to get the 2x1gb instead. I didn't see that at first, but its better because then later on you could get 2 more and upgrade to 4gb of ram if you were using something like Vista.

ok any suggestions for a power supply? im going to order right now so i can have all this by monday

i would like to stay below 100 actually, but i dont know...
edit: sorry triple post =(

I'm using a micro ATX case so thats why I choose the micro ATX mobo and can't go with a tuniq tower or whatever.

Just curious, but this line suggests you are using the old case from your old build. Does that mean you would be completely scrapping your old machine?

Might be a better idea to just spend an extra $50 on a new case, so that way your old computer is still usable... if for some reason it needs to be used.

When I get a new computer, I personally plan to convert my current computer into a linux server. Surely you can come up with something better than scrapping it.

If I'm wrong, and you just happen to have an extra micro ATX case (or already purchased one), then please forgive my ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom