New AGP Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Murphy

Baseband Member
Since I broke my old card and don't have the cash to buy a new mobo and PCI card I need to get a new AGP card. I used to have a 9800PRO since I'm getting a new one I might as well get one thats a good amount better. Right now I'm thinking about these two and could use some help deciding.
Newegg.com - XFX PVT73AUDE3 GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100171L Radeon X1950PRO 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X HDCP Video Card - Retail
Keep in mind I do plan on upgrading my mobo to PCI eventually and I'll have to get another new card then but I'm not sure when that will be. It could be anywhere between 4 months to a year. If I'm satisfied with the improvement in this new card it could be even longer than a year though.

Also with the X1950PRO I have the free slots from my power supply and its a 520W so I think I'm good on that end of it.

If you trust recertified items then thats a really good deal.

The X850XT is about as powerful as a 7600GT however it doesn't have the new DX9 shader either. This doesn't really matter too much but i guess i just wanted it to be said.

No offence, but your upgrading into the past, If thats possible... but i guess X1950gt is sweet

If you trust recertified items then thats a really good deal.

The X850XT is about as powerful as a 7600GT however it doesn't have the new DX9 shader either. This doesn't really matter too much but i guess i just wanted it to be said.

Rainbow Six vegas and Splinter cell double agent don't run on X850xt because it lacks SM3.0]

So, no the new shader is very important......

I wouldnt be trying to run any of those games with an X850XT anyway....you wouldnt even get decent frames at low settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom