new 8800 reverting to lower resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suicide007

In Runtime
I just got an 8800gts, and it doubled my 3DMark Score, even though its stuck in x4 mode because of my old mobo. However, every time i exit a 3D application, it goes back to a lower resolution, and everything becomes almost unreadable. But the strange thing is, when i check properties, it says its already at 1680x1050. The only way to fix it is to unplut the dvi cable for a few seconds and then plug it back in. Then everything looks sharp and crisp. I am using the latest drivers from Nvidia.com (updated today). Any ideas? (its REALLY FREAKING ANNOYONG!)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Try reinstalling your drivers for your vid card and monitor.

I reinstalled the drivers twice, redownloaded it, reinstalled it, then downloaded a different version, tried it, and nothing. but now, when i use my monitor's menu, and hit information, it says 1600x1200, DVI, 60hz. I know for absolute certain it used to say 1680x1050. ITS A FREAKING WIDESCREEN!!! AHHHHH! Maybe its in denial of its wide phsyique? HELP!!! THIS SUCKS!

Alrighty. Ive narrowed down the problem. When I turn my computer on, before it loads windows, under info, my monitor says 1680x1050. However, after windows loads the display drivers while booting, it then tells me it is 1600x1200. So, something in the driver settings is over-riding the monitor settings, causing it to believe that is has a resolution of 1600x1200 instead of 1680x1050. I tried everything, even system restore. bahhhhhhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom