Nehalem....it's a-comin-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine how much money that will cost? A true quad-core CPU that is effectively octo-core? That will be likely 500.00+ for the q6600 equivalent, probably 1500+ for the extreme edition equivalent! And DDR3 triple channel. Dual sticks of ddr3 already cost hundreds of dollars as it is. Not to mention a high end GPU to compliment the whole thing. I mean yeah its great that they are coming out with all this cool new technology, but to upgrade to a new mobo for that CPU and DDR3 RAM, and a high-end 2008 GPU, I'd be paying the same price that I did for my entire computer that I bought in October, which included a case, HDD's, 24inch LCD, keyboard, mouse, etc...

But I'll probably still buy it all anyway lol.

Also did anyone look at the reference motherboard in that picture? What is that expansion slot supposed to be that is next to the PCI-E x1 slot on the far left? Is that just one regular PCI slot?

Can you imagine how much money that will cost?

I don't think prices are going to be much more than they are now. Making a "true" quad core won't increase production cost...not to mention they are 45nm so their yields are higher meaning it costs less to the consumer as well.

Also DDR3 is currently expensive, yes...but in a year or 2 it won't be.

btw it's not "octo-core" in any way...it's just hyperthreaded like the old P4 chips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom