Needing a case or mod of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I have had a nice little case sitting around (coolermaster elite series) and wanted to use it but I ran into a little problem. The video card that I am using (XFX 5830) has a problem with the back slots where the dvi, hdmi connections come out. The problem is that the slots are not wide enough for the little air intake grill of the card and then the hdmi and display port are a little too far up. I don't know how to explain it any better. Does anyone know what I can do to this? I can get a new case no problem but would like to use this case. Thanks.

I assuming you mean that the bars on the back of the case where the card is, one of them is basically covering up the ports, or just not letting the card sit fully in the slot.

take a dremel if you have one, or i'm sure someone you know has one, or a file, and widen it up. It might look a little funky but won't cause any structural damage.

After really looking at the problem and the case itself, it is a nice case and brand new but over 3 years old and I like the design of the many of the new ones that have cable management and side entrances for hdd. I think I will look at a new case instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom