OK so the laptop I'm using right now will only be with me until Tuesday, and I need to have a computer for my uni course, so I am thinking of putting together my PC.
I need these componets:
CPU - possible core i7 920
Graphics Card - nVidia 8500
Motherboard - ?
RAM - ?
and possibly water block - ?
So my first question:
1. Is the older version of EK supreme CPU water blocks compatible with i7 processors?
2. Should I go for a high performance upgrade or a temporary cheap 'upgrade' i.e. basically anything that will give me access to the internet and PDF files? I can wait until summer next year for a better PC. If cheap what should I get? Will probably be off eBay.
3. If I go for high end, should I get a core i7 920 CPU? I will be overclocking and I want something that will last, so is the socket 1366 futureproof? Will the next batch of Intel CPUs work with current 1366 MBs? I'm thinking the 6 core lineup. Should I get a better CPU from eBay for same price? I don't really want AMD.
4. What 1366 motherboard should I get and which RAM?
Any help would be appreciated, I don't really have the time to read up all this info myself otherwise I would. If I go for high end, the PC will be used for music production/recording, photo/video editing, and some gaming, so pretty demanding tasks. Thanks.
5. Also another question, my water cooling system seems to have white bits inside it as if the liquid is reacting with the component materials. From what I checked they are mostly copper, the components are:
radiator - Black Ice GTX 120
reservoir and pump - XSPC X20 720
waterblock - EK Supreme Plexi
Feser One cooling fluid
Here's a pic of what it looks like: