Need a UPS ASAP...

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I know nothing about Back Up Power supply. I've done a search on play.com and found a Multitude of UPS for sale and was curious if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Computing - Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery

Can anyone recommend a UPS System for running 3 Desktops and Laptop, and hopefully other Various equipment if its possible from the link I've provided.

I was looking at this but wasn't sure.

Play.com - Buy APC Back-UPS BR550GI Line-interactive UPS - 550 VA/330 W - 0.05 Hour Full Load - 3 x IEC 60320 C13 - Battery Backup System, 3 x IEC 60320 C13 - Surge-protected online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

Thanks.

All depends on how much wattage your setup takes as a whole and how long you want the battery to stay on during a blackout.

Thanks for that PP. I have done a bit research and will not be able to afford a UPS Specifically for the Network I have. I have priced a 3KW or 3000W Generator from Amazon for less that £300 at £279.99 Approx. As to what would be a better solution considering I'm running Three tower System, a Laptop, 32" Flat screen and three other Monitors threw a Switch. Along with that, Hi Fi equipment, Switches and all sorts of other things and to be honest I don't even thing a 3KW would suffice.

A friend of mine has a 4770k 780ti SLI rig with his server that holds a 2600k and 32TB RAID 5 array on an 875W UPS. A UPS is meant to give you a little bit of time to shut everything down in the event of a power loss and provide clean current to your electronics. Not really meant for holding up a whole setup for any prolonged periods of time. A generator won't exactly work either unless you have an expensive one that starts up and provides power the instant you lose power.

A friend of mine has a 4770k 780ti SLI rig with his server that holds a 2600k and 32TB RAID 5 array on an 875W UPS. A UPS is meant to give you a little bit of time to shut everything down in the event of a power loss and provide clean current to your electronics. Not really meant for holding up a whole setup for any prolonged periods of time. A generator won't exactly work either unless you have an expensive one that starts up and provides power the instant you lose power.

Yeah I knew that, but what I wasn't sure about was what it would take as in to put something in the middle of the Wall sockets and the Generator if I did loose power. I done some research a while ago, when I was talking about being self contained in my flat and I was sitting online for hours on end looking at MRE, Back Up power supply's ECT. I would have to go back and do some more research as I've forgotten. It was some sort of Switch. Can't think off the Top of my head.

I work off of one of those APC UPS devices that is at that link you posted, and I haven't had any complaints about it. I think trying to run 3 desktops and a laptop might give it some problems though, especially on the battery. I'd recommend getting at least 2 of them given that you have a bunch of other devices you may want to hook up to it.

If you have the money, a better solution might be to get a whole building generator.

I work off of one of those APC UPS devices that is at that link you posted, and I haven't had any complaints about it. I think trying to run 3 desktops and a laptop might give it some problems though, especially on the battery. I'd recommend getting at least 2 of them given that you have a bunch of other devices you may want to hook up to it.

If you have the money, a better solution might be to get a whole building generator.

A whole Building generator would be too much. I was looking on Amazon at the Generators but need some sort of Trip Switch to sit independently for the Generator to switch on automatically. I saw one Priced at £279.99.

Would sit nicely as well under my desk. :cool: ..

Back
Top Bottom